Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

REAL Identity :)

(Photo from IVCF's BCM Real Conference)
Hello everyone! =) Friends, family, whoever you are, this is for you! I have some coolurgent message from the LORD, He who created us, He who formed us. It's really exciting news so take a read and share the news with your family and friends! :-) God has taught me a lot of stuff this year concerning us through my life experiences and His Word. He is doing a New thing really soon! This year! Things are shifting!!! I'll share it in story form. So just be patient and you'll get your gold. If the context doesn't make sense right away just keep on reading and I'll de-cryptify lol. First I'll spit out the puzzle pieces I've been receiving then I'll fit them together. Enjoy! Read with eyes wide open and a heart alert! :)  I tend to go crazy with details when giving background info so I've divided it into sections.
"The question is, who... are you?"-Rafiki
*The Real Conference.
*Jesus culture, Onething Conference, IHOP, IV Church & IV HOP.
 *Behold! A New thing!!!- African descent peeps, Latinos, Everybody read this! =)
* Daniel's Prophecy- The 4th and final Kingdom.
*"2012" (The Hebrew year starts in September so it overlaps into 2013) The Revolution, mega-shaking of nations, Revival, Renewal, spiritual warfare showdown. Blessings and curses raining down. 
This is your WAKE UP CALL CALI!
->Yeah I know this is super-long so if you don't have time to read it then just scroll through and read the sections you want and watch the video I made at the end (you might be in it) :) Thanks for visiting :-)

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it or learn from it."-Rafiki (Lion King)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Introduction
6 year old me hahaha :-)
(You can skip this intro section if you've been following my blog). If you read the "About me" section I mentioned that I haven't been myself for a long time. I started not being myself when I was in Kenya and then the condition exponentiated when I moved to America ~ 6years ago (I'll explain more in an upcoming post: "Coming to America"). But God set me free from my fears, the spirit of heaviness aka depression and lust (my experience at Pre-fall leaders retreat in the post: Hello Africans), then I was back to being myself and I started using My Voice again. And that was the beginning of most of my problems this year haha ha :(

You see it's one thing to be set free and it's another to keep walking in freedom and I faced lots of resistance. So if you don't know me, I've been part of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship at UCSB, a christian organization on campus. And using my voice got me into a lot of conflict with the staff. I didn't get what the big deal was since I was just trying to be myself and sharing what I saw, thought and felt with them and the rest of the fellowship. But when I shared stuff with the Staff, 99% of the time they thought I was crazy. Yeah there was that 1% of the time when the stuff I shared lined up with the plans they had made for the fellowship and they would give me a gold star for "actually hearing from God"on such occasions as opposed to the other times when I was just being insane (seeing, hearing, feeling my own things). They passed that on more "gently" than that but that's what it boiled down to -I know they didn't mean to since they didn't understand what was going on but I'm just sharing how I felt. Those kind of reactions are what made me doubt myself and kept driving me back to depression. Then one day in the Fall I went to Paul's prayer meeting and he had a vision that God was going to start protecting me (post: I have a Father). And He did :-) He started giving me lots of confirmation that I wasn't nuts and that stuff I was sharing, including what was being rejected, was from Him and it was really urgent. Here's some of the sources of confirmation:

1.The Real Conference- InterVarsity's Annual Black Student Conference
"Freely you have received,  freely give." -Jesus(Matt.10:8b)
Wisdom, Thaddeus, NateEya and I went to The Real Conference in West Covina. It was really good the year before but it was like 10x better this time. Not that anything had changed in the schedule but something had definitely changed within us. There was a change in season and it's like everyone there felt it. We begun with open mic and I felt like crying because of all the confirmation I got. Each presentation: all the spoken word pieces, all the stepping, the songs, raps, and dances had a similar theme. They were all passionately proclaiming the beauty and majesty of this Jesus who is returning soon for His bride and therefore the urgency to surrender our all to Him and to prepare the way for His coming. I was so mad at myself because I left my camera in the car so I didn't get to record the open mic presentations >.< (yeah I'm a recording freak. It runs in the family lol). But the confirmation didn't stop there. The preaching was also exactly what I needed to hear. Pastor Phil from The Vine Church was the speaker and he begun by telling us how God called him into ministry. At first he thought that he was going to be a pastor at a black church he was involved in in his neighborhood but he was surprised that God called him to pastor a white church in a different neighborhood. God told him that He was doing something new. Pastor Phil shared some of the challenges he faced while being a Pastor there brought up by cultural differences which reminded me of the drama I've been having with InterVarsity Staff. His topic was "Kingdom over culture." I recorded parts of it and you can watch them in this post: Priorities! After his talk we went to talk to him since what he said really hit home and we prayed for our staff, the black students and the rest of the fellowship for us to embrace the new thing that God is doing and for there to be reconciliation and unity. Overall the whole conference was refreshing. I felt at home and like I belonged there. After the conference we went back to school and we had a meeting with Staff to talk about implementing the stuff we had heard, prayed about and talked about and this was the email I sent staff after that - post: UNITY is brewing up!

I recorded parts of the worship during the conference. Sorry it's shaky coz I couldn't keep myself from dancing lol. But it gets a little bit better as you watch and make sure you watch the end for the dancing! There was so much freedom in the air and thirsty yet joyful hearts being poured out through song and dance. Jesus is sooo cool! sooo much fun! and sooo worthy of all our praise -all that we are- that's all that we have to give to Him. Our all :-)

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Corinthians 3:17)

"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks." (John 4:23)
________________________________________________

2. Jesus Culture, Onething Conference, IHOP- International House of Prayer, IV HOP & IV Church

During the summer and in Fall quarter I started listening to a lot of Jesus culture music. My friend Jared saw all the music I had shared on my wall and told me about IHOP's Onething conference. I didn't know about IHOP before then. I checked it out and I ended up going with my lil sis (post: Let Go. Let love flow) I'll post a video of our experience later. Anyway, I really felt at home there too. And through the talks, God gave me tons of confirmation for stuff that's been on my heart and that He showed me through His Word. And I left there with a lot of clarity about stuff that I wanted to do (what I had been telling people to do). But when I came back to school and InterVarsity, I came back to the usual conflicts with staff due to cultural differences and me being the odd one out. So I took some time out of the routine to figure myself out again. I started going to IV Church and their Upper Room meetings on Fridays and it was cool to see that God had also given them the visions of revival coming to Santa Barbara. And I really liked the prayer shed and what it stands for and I had lots of things planned that I could use it for in the Winter. (You can check out: Jesus Loves IV and The Lomelinos in IV) And I'll come back to this later.

Puzzle Stop: So where am I going with all this? Let's fit some puzzle pieces together. I remember one time during one of the many "conflict resolution" meetings with Staff in the fall, Melissa told me, "I think you're a prophet." It didn't make sense then coz I was just back to being myself and sharing stuff I was learning with my friends like I used to. But yeah things started making sense. I read this definition of the gift of prophecy: Prophecy check it out on that link coz it's not all about foretelling the future like I first thought it was. So what did The Real Conference, Onething Conference and IV Church have in common that made me feel at home? The Spirit of prophecy. Everyone was prophesying and it gave me lots of confirmation for the stuff that was on my heart and what I was sharing with people (what God was speaking through me) and yeah there was just a lot of freedom to be yourself. And when I went to Breakthrough Church (a Kenyan church in Kansas City) I felt really at home like I described in the post Let Go. Let Love Flow. Why? Because of The Spirit of Love (being seen and being loved).
__________________________________________________________________

BEHOLD! A NEW THING!

God's Affirmative Action Plan for Racial Reconciliation, Unity, Christ Supremacy, His Glory

"Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? 
I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." (Isaiah 43:19)

Ok time to fit some more puzzle pieces together. Here's the new thing that God is doing:

"The last shall be first" (Matthew 20:16a) -Kevin's prophecy at Prefall leaders retreat.

The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.  (1 Corinthians 12: 21-25) -Casey's prophecy in the Fall.

A voice of one calling: "In the desert prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken."(Isaiah 40: 3-5)

Forerunners. The Generals in the Desert
a) Africans. My Kenyan friends and family read this. So God kept telling me to remember who I am (Kenyan. How my parents raised me. How I used to be when I was younger), and to be myself and to share my life with others (post: Spring Rains). And as I did that I found peace and joy in God but at the same time it brought about conflict with those in authority, Staff, and the drama kept me isolated from InterVarsity events. So I found myself deserted "in the desert" turns out that's where God wanted me to be since He is doing a new thing. You see things are shifting and we are in a season of intense spiritual warfare and it's just about to intensify. We are in a battle and God is preparing His people to be an army to fight and to stand firm and have victory. But "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds." (2 Corinthians 10: 4) What are these weapons? singing, dancing, praising, praying, fasting and proclaiming the Word of God and lifting His Name high."But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not —to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” (1 Corinthians 1: 27-31). I'll explain more about the weapons in later posts. My Kenyan friends you have been preparing the way for the Lord without knowing it just by delighting yourself in the Lord, being yourself and sharing your life with others. I get so much confirmation about what God is speaking through His Spirit just through your status updates. Anyway, you guys are set apart, you are generals and God is going to use you in a great way in this coming season. Forgot who you are? Remember who you are and be yourself (who God made you to be).

b) Africans in America and African Americans -So Lion King has been coming up a lot for me this year lol. God has been teaching me a lot through it. Like Simba, I escaped from my homeland with a bunch of insecurities and unfinished business and trying to start a new life in a land of plenty. A lot of Africans come to the US for an education and a better lifestyle but God has more in mind... that's not the only reason He let you come here... He brought you here for another important reason: To lead...Lead what? keep on reading... African Americans, your ancestors didn't have a choice when they were brought here but God has good plans for you! ... It's time to lead the worship movement that is integral for the season of renewal and revival that we are quickly going into (what God taught me in the post: Prepare The Way!) You are already equipped with the talents and gifts that you are born with. You just need to remember who God is and who you are in Him. After the Onething conference, I learnt about IHOP's African American Forerunner Alliance and when I looked them up I got a lot more confirmation. Watch this clip below. They are talking about the prophetic destiny of people of African descent in America and they reveal some more puzzle pieces that I'll put together later. There's more to our identity...


________________________________________________________________________
Real Identity. Dry Bones.
"Remember who you are"

One time in the fall, Chris Taylor, Jonathan, Thaddeus, Robert, Amanda Le and I went to a worship night that IV church was hosting people from Bethel church. It was a different experience for most of them but I knew what to expect. After worship they were prophesying over people (they had a good word for Thaddeus you can ask him about it) then they were praying for healing and some people got healed =) Then this one guy, Jacob Reeves (I later found out that he is the founder of IV Church) was passing by near me then he saw me and asked: "Do you know that you are righteous royalty?" Then I was like, "Yeah I know God is my father so I'm a princess." Then he said,"I meant, you have righteous royalty in your bloodline." I had a confused look on my face coz I didn't know about any royalty in my family. So he added,"Yeah and it wasn't that long ago, just 5 generations back. You should research it." Then he left. I asked my mum about it later but she couldn't think back to 5 generations and didn't know of any royalty in my family. So I forgot about it until Winter when I randomly remembered what he told me, "You should research it." So I went online and I searched for African royalty in Kenya and like I knew from Kenyan history we didn't have any monarchy so nothing came up. So I searched for monarchy in Eastern Africa 5 generations ago (~100 years ago) and what came up were the Ethiopian Emperors and I found the confirmation I was looking for. The Emperors in that period were part of the Solomonic dynasty (descendants of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba) hence "righteous royalty" made sense and yeah God gave me confirmation in my spirit that that's what He wanted me to find. My sis Sheila in Kenya had prayed about it with a Kenyan pastor who has the gift of prophecy and God revealed to him that the righteous royalty bloodline was on my mum's side. My mum had told me that her great grandma was really light skinned (light brown. Not that all Ethiopians are light-skinned) so I think she had some Ethiopian in her blood (mixed with Kenyan). So I thought that was a cool fact about my family then I put it at the back of my mind. Then in Spring God showed me that that news didn't just apply to me and my family...
________________________________________________________________________

   Awakening of Judah

"You are a lion's cub, O Judah..." (Genesis 49:9)
I made a friend at the prayer shed, Ashira (she's African American), and we started hanging out. She told me that God had also revealed to her that she was also tribe of Judah. Later onwards, I was reading the Bible then I saw some connections: 

The story of Joseph and also Moses and the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt kept coming up- like in the video you just watched. So yeah later on when I was reading the Bible this is what I saw:
"Then the Lord said to him (Abram), “Know for certain that for four hundred years your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own and that they will be enslaved and mistreated there. But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions."(Genesis 15: 13-14)
"Through your own fault (talking about Judah) you will lose the inheritance I gave you. I will enslave you to your enemies in a land you do not know, for you have kindled my anger," (Jeremiah 17:4)
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh and say to him, 'This is what the LORD says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me. If you refuse to let them go, I will plague your whole country..." (Exodus 8:1-2)
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. (Genesis 50:20)

Puzzle pieces match!!! So yeah things started making sense. Some of the people of African descent in America are the scattered tribe of Judah. (Yeah I know most of the African slaves are from West Africa but some of the slaves came from different parts of Africa- including East Africa- then taken to West Africa to be shipped off so that's how some of the tribe of Judah blood may have come in) so yeah God allowed their slavery to happen not just because of their disobedience (not following God's leadership) but He had a greater purpose for them in this nation. He had a plan to redeem them for Himself as well as to use them to save others in this nation. I looked up the meaning of Judah which is: "Praise" which gave me confirmation about us leading the worship movement. In the Fall before I knew all this stuff it was on my heart to pray for the black community in UCSB. It was cool to see how though they were small in number they were took leadership in setting up school-wide events and had a passion for justice-related issues. I knew that God wanted to use them to do something even bigger than what they have already accomplished on their own. In Winter, the leaders of Impact also felt the need to pray for the black community so Thaddeus and I joined them in weekly prayer meetings at the prayer shed but we stopped halfway through due to different schedules and stuff. I saw this, I don't know if this link still works: Prayer room archives if it does start watching towards the end at 01:24:40. If doesn't work it just gave me more confirmation about this stuff. The lady (she's white) who was leading worship at IHOP gave a prophetic utterance from God about the black community. 
She started by saying, "Many of you are confused and wondering why revival has not yet happened. That's because I'm waiting for the generals to take their place. I'm waiting for the African Americans to wake up and lead." She went on by saying that we are being called to rise up in leadership of the worship movement using our talents and gifts- to sing, to rap, to dance, to preach- and that we are going to have the loudest voice. And also we are being called to rise up in other avenues as well. You see a shift is happening not just in the spiritual but in the physical. The last shall be first. This is the year of the Lord's favor but an awakening is necessary to receive it. "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matthew 6:33)  This applies to everyone I'll explain more later.  At the first BSU of the year, they had a slideshow and different speakers and laid out their goals, ambitions and vision for the year. Then Jaci sung Kirk Franklin's song, "I know that I can make it. I know that I can stand. No matter what may come my way. My life is in your hands. With Jesus I can take it. With Him I know I can stand. No matter what may come my way. My life is in your hands." Let's wake up people! We want to change the world but it's time to put first things first because without Jesus we can't make it through the season we are going into but with Him we will soar! (more details to come in the post "I have a dream":) "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4)
_________________________________________________________________________

*PROPHECY in the Book of Daniel*
UCSB InterVarsity, American church, God has a special plan for you. He's about to do something new! InterVarsity, like America, is very multiethnic. Diversity is great and God loves that (people from different ethnicities coming together). But when people from different ethnicities come together there is usually a clash of cultures so people can choose to: {definitions from "Cultural Psych" by Heines)
  • Assimilate to host culture- Attempt to fit in and fully participate in the host culture while making little or no effort to maintain the traditions of one's heritage culture. Involves having + attitude to host culture and - to heritage culture.
  • Integrate- Attempt to fit in and fully participate in the host culture while at the same time striving to maintain the traditions of one's heritage culture. Seeking the best of both worlds (+, +)
  • Separate- Make effort to maintain the traditions of one's heritage culture while making little or no efforts to participate in host culture. (-,+)
  • Be marginalized- Make little or no effort to participate in host culture or to maintain heritage culture.  (-,-)
We are in the Fourth Kingdom prophesied in *Daniel 2: 24-47*.  
 divided kingdom (disunity) and a mixed kingdom (multi-ethnicity). Like I said in the Colors of the Wind post uniformity can be very dangerous if everyone develops the same culture that is against God's culture (Love and justice. Loving God and others). That's the direction this kingdom is taking- uniformity- everyone trying to forget all our differences in order to look united (New World Order coming right up!). God allowed multi-ethnicity to happen not just for it's beauty but also for Himself and as a safeguard for us- so that we can see each other's blindspots and correct them. But if everyone (people from different ethnic groups) assimilated into a culture that's against God's that would defeat the purpose of multiethnicity. And what is even more common is integrating (being multi-cultural) a characteristic of this fourth kingdom- tolerating everything to try and please everyone to maintain fake peace. Integrating  can be very dangerous- because it's compromise (trying to mix God's culture with cultures that are against His aka the culture of the world) and this also beats the purpose of multiethnicity- spotting out blindspots to correct them to save them. So yeah, both assimilation and integration can not only prevent others from being saved (keep them from falling for the traps in their blindspots) but it also endangers you because you have placed yourself in the same category. So God was showing me how much I had assimilated to the culture of this world, how much I wasn't myself anymore and He called me to separate myself from the system. God wants to bring racial reconciliation, actual unity, real peace and He does that by calling us to separate ourselves from the world system and to cling to His Word. Following His Spirit and His Word brings separation from the world system and prepares the way for the real deal, His Kingdom. The fourth kingdom is coming to an end and God's Kingdom is coming soon!!! They are going to go head to head! Let's get ready and be on the winning side! =)

vs. 44. And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever, 45 just as you saw that a stone was cut from a mountain by no human hand, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold. A great God has made known to the king what shall be after this. The dream is certain, and its interpretation sure.

Righteous Revolution: A time to Break Down & a time to Build Up
"Something big is going to pop off."-Lissah's prophecy.
So people of African descent in America, tribe of Judah, you brought here to lead the worship movement but there's another important thing you are built to lead before that. What? You were brought here to pick a fight. To start a Revolution. It's part of your prophetic destiny. I was taking Black Studies 1 in the Fall and God taught me a lot about what was going on in UCSB's InterVarsity and in this nation. He showed me how oppression is still going on in various ways (cultural and institutionalized racism) in America and the Americanized church (I talk more about that in the posts: Colors of the Wind & Let my people go).  So the purpose that God has for you is to rebel against systems of injustice- first to separate yourself from it (yes to cause division by standing for Truth) then depending on who you are, you can go further and call it out. But the only way to separate yourself from 'the system' is to be in Christ and to follow His footsteps in defending the oppressed and calling out systems of oppresion. Division (disunity) has already happened due to cultural differences and other reasons now it's time for the prophets to arise and use their gifts to call out the schemes of the enemy for there to be true repentance and reconciliation (actual unity). I'll explain further in upcoming posts (e.g. Hate the game, Make War) since this is spiritual warfare. Watch the video below. This is part of the new thing that God is doing in the desert. This is what God has been telling me to do and what I've been doing and it's going on right now from what I see when I look around. You can call it church reformation if you like, but this one different since it's gonna have world-wide impact and it's gonna last (it's more like Bride preparation). God is building His house to be a House of all nations so He is first breaking down all the walls that divide (spiritual strongholds). It's a time to break down and a time to build up :)


"his younger brother (Ephraim) will be greater than he,
this descendants will become a group of nations."
(Genesis 48:19)
*More Dry Bones: So it was after Fall quarter that it dawned on me that all the staff are white and the reason we were having conflict was due to cultural differences - The reason why they did not accept what God was saying through me (the urgency to wait on Him and what that looks like. Isaiah 40:30-31). Then through scripture God opened my eyes to what was going on a larger scale and revealed to me their identity: the tribe of Ephraim (Isaiah 11:13) I'll talk about that Scripture later. This year God has been showing me how much I had conformed to the culture of this world and He kept calling me out of it by telling me to remember who I am and to be myself- finding my identity in Him. In doing so I got opposition from Staff and God showed me how much the way things were run was conformed to the world and how it led to disunity and various forms of oppression and that they were walking by sight instead of by faith, following the Spirit's lead (Isaiah 30). But God showed me that He was setting me apart from the system in order to use me to break it down and set the captives free to worship in spirit and in truth in the desert where God is doing a new thing.

Very well then, with foreign lips and strange tongues God will speak to this people, to whom He said, "This is the resting place, let the weary rest": and "This is the place of repose"- but they would not listen. (Isaiah 28:11-12)
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh and say to him, 'This is what the LORD says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me."(Exodus 8:1)
"...a time to break down..." (Ecclesiastes 3)
"Judah, your brothers will praise you; your hand will be on the neck of your enemies; your father's sons will bow down to you. You are a lion's cub, O Judah; you return from the prey, my son. Like a lion he crouches and lies down, like a lioness--who dares to rouse him?" (Genesis 49:8)
"Before I was born the Lord called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name. He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver." (Isaiah 49: 1b-2)
Read all of Psalm 64. Here's vs. 7 "But God will shoot them with his arrows; they will suddenly be struck down." (And Isaiah 30. Isaiah 63: 9-19. God can turn and become your enemy if you become an oppressor, He is the defender of the oppressed but He still offers His mercy to the oppressor.)
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.... Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.” (Jeremiah 1: 5,9,10)

Behold! The Rock behind this division. Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus the Christ), The Lion from the tribe of Judah
Jesus. The Lion and the Lamb
“Judah, your brothers will praise you;
    your hand will be on the neck of your enemies;
    your father’s sons will bow down to you. 
9 You are a lion’s cub, Judah; 
    you return from the prey, my son.
Like a lion he crouches and lies down,
    like a lioness—who dares to rouse him?
10 The scepter will not depart from Judah, 
     nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet,
until He to whom it belongs shall come 
    and the obedience of the nations shall be his. 
11 He will tether his donkey to a vine,
    his colt to the choicest branch; 
he will wash his garments in wine,
    his robes in the blood of grapes. 
12 His eyes will be darker than wine,
    his teeth whiter than milk.

"Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle." (Psalm 24:8)

Jesus is the most misunderstood person in the world. When He first came many Jews rejected Him because the Messiah they were waiting for was going to be a military leader and would overthrow the government, defeat all their enemies then establish his Kingdom. This is true according to prophecy in scripture but it is actually describing His second coming. He first came as a Lamb to die for us to pay the price for our freedom (freedom isn't free) which is also prophesied in Scripture (but the Jews who rejected Him didn't connect the dots). He first came to overthrow the sin that lies within us and to claim us as His own by living inside of us and to make us new (to transform us with His Spirit of powerlove and self-control) and to use us to share that love and freedom with others. Then He is coming again soon to finish the renewal work in this world. Yup he's the super-hero we are all longing for to save the day =) 
"And He who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”(Revelation 21:5) :-)
_________________________________________________________________________

More Dry Bones among Latinos

So God was teaching me a lot about my real identity through my experiences in InterVarsity and in America, through His Word and His Spirit and by telling me to remember who I am- how I was before I changed and how things used to be- through memories of the past. And in the same way, I started noticing a lot of similarities in my Latino friends. InterVarsity has CSAME groups (Cultural Solidarity Amidst Multi-ethnicity) and one time the African Diaspora CSAME and the Latino CSAME had a joint event and we did a little activity to present our cultures to each other. And yeah I saw lots of similarities in cultures e.g. in food, we like to dance and party and one main one which is characteristic of collectivistic cultures is Gemeinschaft: loosely translates to "community" in German. Interpersonal relationships play an especially important role. Gemeinschaft relationships bind together with the social glue of concord, that is, relationships are viewed as real, organic, and ends in themselves. People feel connected to others because because they feel a unity of spirit, and these relationships tend not to be thought of in instrumental terms, nor are they often evaluated or negotiated. The relationships are core to an individual's identity and they reflect an understanding of the self that is consistent with the interdependent self." (Cultural Psych by Heine)

In InterVarsity, most of them had similar conflicts with Staff due to cultural differences. In Spring things became even more apparent and I got more puzzle pieces! We started off the quarter with some drama involving me and Jovannys hosting the Nefarious documentary screening and encouraging InterVarsity people to attend. When I was planning the event during spring break I let the staff know the only date we could host it which happened to be the same day as leaders meeting so I asked them if they could let the leaders attend it instead but they said no since they had planned a very important meeting. So the drama came in when Jovannys posted on the InterVarsity wall something like, "I think everyone should attend including leaders since it combines a justice related issue and God which are things InterVarsity stands for. InterVarsity needs to be more bold and active in the community." I liked the post because I thought so too. That's when I got a call in the middle of the night from Marissa saying that she thought we were on the same team but I was encouraging the leaders to be rebellious and "don't you want them to honor their commitments as leaders?" I told her I liked the post because I liked it. The conversation was going nowhere and she asked me to make her understand what I was saying. When she called I was working on the post on The Spirit of Unity so I told her to read it when it was done. Staff took down Jovanny's post and I didn't hear from Marissa after that. 

So this is what became more apparent to me after that, the aerial view. There is division in the fellowship (no spirit of unity) like God showed Marissa in the dream in the Who Cares? post and this is not clear to the happy campers but it's obvious for those who are suffering (people who identify with Gemeinschaft culture) and so by not speaking up- not being open about how they feel to prevent hurting people's feelings with the truth- the happy campers think that everyone is on the same team and a fake peace is maintained. See where this is going? It's going round in a circle to show the necessity of a righteous revolution and God's affirmative action plan for unity. He frees up the oppressed then gives them a voice to go against systems of injustice to fight for the rest who are still oppressed for the purpose of equality and unity -The prophetic destiny of people of African descent in America... and I started seeing similar trends in Latinos... So yeah through making such observations in the Winter and Spring I had a strong feeling that they must also have some tribe of Israel in their bloodline. Then this summer, sometime last month God gave me some confirmation. I just woke up and turned on the tv and this was on (the clip below). He talks about Obadiah 1:20- how some Israelites were exiled in "Sepharad" which is Spain and the prophetic destiny of Latinos...yeah just watch it. Then here's another puzzle piece to uncover: what tribe of Israel are they?


U.S Department of Labor
The Last shall be First. Looking at statistics in the U.S African Americans and Latinos have lots in common. They are at the bottom of the list when it comes to stuff like wealth distribution and at the top of the list when it comes to stuff like crime, unemployment and imprisonment. And I also noticed some similarities in their histories in the US: different forms of slavery, MLK and the civil rights movement, and Cesar Chavez and the worker's rights revolution. I noticed in both those movements the oppressed had to rise up and resist oppression in order to gain their rights (freedom and equality). And those leaders used non-violent direct action. I also noticed that after the civil rights movement which gained lots of rights for African Americans, MLK went ahead and supported Cesar Chavez in his revolution. And I saw the same thing happen in UCSB's InterVarsity history... It started off with just a few white female college students then they kept praying for diversity and God started answering their prayers :) Later they had one black staff and he held bible studies for black students in Santa Rosa which got them involved with InterVarsity fellowship but after he left the black students also left since they had differences in leadership from what I heard (wanted to do things a different way) and so they started Born Again Ministries. Then history kinda repeated itself. We had a black staff last year, Ekaete, but she had to leave since she couldn't fundraise. When she was here I remember her saying to us (some of the black students in the fellowship), "You don't know how much I fight for you guys"-in staff meetings. After she left we remained with all white staff I finally understood what she meant because we just have different ways of thinking hence conflict. She had also mentioned that the black people in the fellowship are "low identity" blacks -not really comfortable with our black identity. It made sense later. It was true for me- like I keep repeating I haven't been myself. And for some of the others I noticed it was because they were multi-ethnic and/or mutlicultural. And it made sense why when I remembered who I was and started being myself I had a clash with the way things were run. The first time I opened up to staff about how I felt Paul gave me good advice, he told me "If you want to see change then model it."That was a satisfying answer coz it's one thing to tell people about problems and it's another to model the solutions. But the conflicts came in when they didn't actually want me to show them (show n tell), to "model it" they just wanted to keep talking about the problems (tell n tell). So it seemed like my fate was the same as that of BAM, if I wanted to see change and I was not being allowed to model it then I had to either leave and do things how I want to see things done or stay ever complaining or suffering silently in the background... I kept noticing a lot more division forming- some of the black and Latino were "rebelling"- not going to some InterVarsity events. Then I noticed something else- division was forming because people didn't feel loved and accepted so people end up deserted in "the desert" but God was up to something else (It may seem safe to stay in Egypt where it's familiar and lukewarm but God is doing something new in the hot desert and that's where He wants us to be. We are in transition and He wants us to move forward. post: The Desert) He is mobilizing the generals and preparing them to lead. I can see this by looking at BAM. They separated from InterVarsity to do things their way (they ended up "in the desert") then later on God put it on Anthony Grant's heart to start a group to unify all the christian ministries on campus (UCFCM) and BAM started inviting different ministries on campus to put on joint events - like the annual Believer's conference that's been going on. God has a way of turning things around for His will to be done. "Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." (Isaiah 43:19)

Ok, back to what I was saying about Latinos and UCSB's InterVarsity... Like I mentioned before, after Winter break (after the onething conference) I had clear vision of what God wanted me to do. He was reminding me who I am and telling me to share my culture with my friends (the fellowship) and I was excited to do that but things didn't go as planned because of the never ending drama :( (Winter Rains) K let me cut to the chase now, InterVarsity, you are an army (along with the rest of the body of Christ) and we are in battle and it's about to intensify. I look at the fellowship and I see so many spiritual gifts but everyone's sitting on them because they haven't been taught what they are or how to use them- like sheep without a shepherd. I see so many generals who know what to do and are loaded with weapons of spiritual warfare but they too are sitting around waiting to be given permission to be themselves from other people in the body (staff). I am a general as well and God (the Commander in chief) tells me to be myself and to share what I have. So I try to do that, to mobilize the army to prepare them for battle but people keep sitting around focused on "more important things"- the routine that staff wants to keep them on. People,"the Hans are here and they are coming but nobody is listening to me"(Mulan)-people, you really don't get the time and season we are going in. So God releases His arrow (the lion's cub) in the Spring (what He told me to make public in the last few posts) just to make it clear that He means business when He says we should wait on Him and prepare the way for Him (finding rest in Him, being ourselves, accepting each other and having fun with Him and for Him-singing, dancing, using all our gifts and talents for Him. Loving Him and others in truth). You see, that's the Kingdom of God- righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit (Romans 14:11). He just wants to have fun with us and He's been trying to catch our attention to break from the routine (doing what we think pleases Him- doing stuff for him) to refocus on what He wants (actual friendship: Loving Him, listening to His voice and obeying Him)- John 15:15. It's all about priorities and time is running out; it's time for battle. So if we miss that (procrastinate on putting first things first) then we miss everything and we will not be prepared to fight. That's why He uses His arrows. He wants us to worship in the desert but lots of spiritual stronghold are in place so he uses his prophets to go all Moses on the pharoahs (use spiritual violence) and tell them to "Let My (God's) People Go."

“‘Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way before you.’ Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force. (Matthew 11: 10-12)


“What can I do with you, Ephraim? 
 What can I do with you, Judah?
Your love is like the morning mist,
 like the early dew that disappears. 
Therefore I cut you in pieces with my prophets, I killed you with the words of my mouth — then my judgments go forth like the sun. For I desire steadfast love, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings. (Hosea 6: 4-6)

So yeah that's what this coming Revival is about: 1. God is Holy and All-powerful- you should fear Him. Jesus is strong and mighty King of Glory. He is coming back as a lion. 2. God is a loving Father and Jesus is a super fun friend who likes to share some of His power with us through His Spirit. 
"God is going to deliver us from boredom into the beauty of the revelation of Jesus Christ"- Corey Russell. "Only Jesus, His person, His presence, and His power can satisfy the longings of a generation for love, pleasure, and impact." #FascinateConference.
____________________________________________________________________
 Awakening of Benjamin

"Benjamin is a ravenous wolf"
"Your procession, God, has come into view,
    the procession of my God and King into the sanctuary. 
In front are the singers, after them the musicians; 
    with them are the young women playing the timbrels. 
Praise God in the great congregation; 
    praise the Lord in the assembly of Israel. 
There is the little tribe of Benjamin, leading them,
    there the great throng of Judah’s princes,
    and there the princes of Zebulun and of Naphtali. "
(Psalm 68: 24-27)

"Benjamin is a ravenous wolf; in the morning he devours the prey, in the evening he divides the plunder."
(Genesis 49:27)

Here's some of the observations I made and why I think the Latinos with Jewish blood are the tribe of Benjamin. MLK led the civil rights movement achieving freedoms for African Americans then Cesar Chavez later had his revolution. So in a way MLK paved a way for Cesar Chavez then stood behind him in his worker's rights revolution. In the U.S statistics Latinos and blacks are at the top, for example in gang violence but blacks rank higher. So yeah, Latinos I was sent to do some roaring to wake you up ( The morning has come!) It's time for you to lead! It's time for spiritual violence- to fight the enemy and to take back what he stole from you and to reap a harvest in the evening (the fifth and last Kingdom we are going into). It's time to lead the worship movement. "Time to get more bold and active in the community."-Jovannys. So let's get this party started! =)
____________________________________________________________________

2012 = Perfection of Government /Covenant Renewal / Restoration of Tribes of Israel // One New Man //The Shaking & The Awakening//

I don't know about the other tribes like Zebulun and Naphtali I have some ideas but I'll fill you in once I get more confirmation. Anyway, whoever you are, we are being called into our prophetic destiny coz that's the next season we are going into (relying on the Holy Spirit- Not the spirit of fear but the Spirit of power, love and self-control). And God is creating "One New Man"-true unity- when Jews and Gentiles unite (Ephesians 2). That's why He is awakening the scattered tribes of Israel to their real identity, to unite them and to empower them for the great work He has called us to do.

"Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’”So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army. (Ezekiel 37: 9-10)


Jesus is returning as a Lion -Isaiah 63- And before that He is doing a New thing! He is waking us up to our real identity. We have forgotten about Him so He will shake up this world so that we can stop and put first things first. Let's wake up now people! Don't wait for the shaking. Let's stop procrastinating on seeking God coz time is not on our side, for real! California it's time to WAKE UP!!! A mega-earthquake is coming really soon followed by other stuff in the US and around the world. (Prophesied by Paul Benthin, InterVarsity staff and many other people. Related post: Listen with your heart!) Yes this year. Anytime from now. Wake up USA! WAKE UP WORLD!  Let's seek God with all our hearts and make Him our refuge and He will protect us (Psalm 91. post: Shelter). We are going into a  "ride or die" season and it's not even funny. Watch this:

As it is written: "See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame." (Romans 9:33)
"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who wait for the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."(Isaiah 40: 30-31) Let's choose to ride! Let's not stumble and fall. Let's choose to soar! :)

***2012- The Revolution, mega-shaking of nations, Revival, Renewal, spiritual warfare showdown. Blessings and curses raining down. The beginning of the end times- I'll talk more about that stuff in upcoming posts this one is too long lol but basically (from the end of this year onwards) darkness is gonna increase and reign for a little while before it's bound up forever and at the same time God will reveal His glory and pour it into thirsty hearts and the light will keep on increasing. Stay tuned! coz I want us to be prepared friends :) Update: God told me the "2012" prophecies He gave me (and many other people) refer to the Hebrew year which starts in September so it overlaps into 2013. So yeah, it aint over yet. God will keep His Word. Let's partner with Him by being prepared :)

During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven and said: “Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king. ” (Daniel 2: 20-23)
______________________________________________________________________

*SUMMARY & APPLICATION*

1. Body of Christ at UCSB- Revival's coming to town and it's sooo exciting!!! In the 70's Katherine Kuhlman prophesied that one day a great revival would come out of Santa Barbara and would spread to the whole world. God is bringing unity in His body at SB, He is creating "One New Man" all for His glory and it's such a priviledge to be part of it. I can see how God is mobilizing His army and preparing us for what's coming. We are all different ministries on campus but we all need each other especially at a time like this- This is what I see: we have different generals set apart in the desert (movements such as impact, destino, aacf, epic), InterVarsity has all the nations but is lacking the spirit of unity, other ministries such as Real Life praying for diversity, and IV Church & IV HOP are walking by the Spirit and are praying for unity of all the ministries.See where this is going? UNITY!  (1 Corinthians 12: 21-25) ("The desert" is the place where people can be themselves and feel loved -worship God in spirit and in truth. But that has caused segregation. So God is doing something new for the purpose of unity. I'll explain further later).This is 2012 and the clock's about to strike 12. In the Bible 12 symbolizes perfection of government. We are in His government (12 is the number of the Church, both the Old Covenant Church of Israel founded by 12 physical fathers (the 12 sons of Israel) and the New Covenant Church founded by 12 spiritual fathers (the 12 Apostles)#1min.Internetsearchlol. Let's fast and pray for God to release the fullness of His Spirit, the fullness of His Love!  More details to come!
(P.S: InterVarsity I love you guys including staff! We've had lots of drama coz of not understanding each other and what God is doing this new season. But God makes beautiful things out of the dust! Its been a tough year but God has taught me a lot through our drama. He makes beautiful things out of us! He is making us new! ttyl :) Warriors it's time to get ready to move forward! Time for BOOTCAMP! :)

2. Dry Bones. Time to reconcile - I'm all over the place with this post since I'm trying to address different things at the same time. I mentioned the tribe of Judah, Ephraim and Benjamin and the some of the peoples who might have them in somewhere in their ancestry- I made generalizations based on observations I made living in America but I obviously don't have all the puzzle pieces so yeah it doesn't mean it applies to everyone in those groups (I'm not saying that all whites, Latinos and Africans are from tribes of Israel but some may be) but if you feel your bones rattling-lol- you can seek God about it. -I'll fill you in if I find more info or if I need to correct what I shared. But what I'm sure of is that He is doing something new. God our creator and Father in Heaven is awakening all of us to our identity in Him (who we really are and who He created us to be) and bringing reconciliation and unity (look out for the post: I have dream) and it's the destiny for all of us to praise Him and to proclaim His name. A voice of one calling: "In the desert prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken."(Isaiah 40: 3-5)

3. Time to seek- Like I said it's time to choose to either ride- going all the way :) or be snared and captured :(  (Great shaking is coming!!!) Let's draw near to God and He will draw near to us. He wants to be in relationship with us and to equip us for the great things he created us to do - yup more than what we've imagined. "Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the Lord, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you." (Hosea 10: 12)

If you don't know about God and all this spirituality stuff I've been bringing up, these posts may be helpful: Behold!, The Kingdoms, My G.P.S, Pimp My Ride. If you have forgotten your identity my "journey to the past" series may be helpful: Remember, Just Be and others that are coming up: Coming to America, Beautiful Bosnia, Nebraska. If you don't have time to read then just listen to the videos in my posts, they are really insightful and have been a blessing to me. Also get yourself a Bible and dig in! :)

Let's Prepare the way for Him by seeking Him and delighting ourselves in Him :) 
This is a video that I made using photos and video clips I had taken during some events on campus (a few photos aren't mine). So yeah you might see yourself there. I know it's kinda creepy lol but I'm just sharing what I see and I made it for you guys coz I care. It's not like I'm getting paid for it lol. This is who I am and how I treat my family and friends. I see you! God sees you! Let us prepare the way for Him! =) The first song is a spontaneous song I felt like singing and recording in the fall not for the musical quality (or lack thereof lol) but for the urgent message from the Holy Spirit. So yeah, enjoy! and I hope it blesses you! Peace! ttyl :-) Love, Charlene :) (Feel free to share any questions/ comments you may have)


Sing to God, you kingdoms of the earth, 
    sing praise to the Lord,
to him who rides across the highest heavens, the ancient heavens,
    who thunders with mighty voice.
Proclaim the power of God,
    whose majesty is over Israel,
    whose power is in the heavens.
You, God, are awesome in your sanctuary;
    the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people.
Praise be to God!
(Psalm 68: 32-35)
________________________________________________________________________

Update: Hey if you're reading this in 2013 there's a lot of things that have happened... and God has given us grace coz the work has not been done yet... we still need to unify. You should read the Rise of an Empire post.

2 comments:

  1. wah ive just read the ethipian part.....n i have much to say wacha kwanza niendelee kusoma.......just wait in a yl i will inbox u on fb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok. Yeah this is a long one but I'll break it down later.

      Delete