Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

My GPS :-)


Hello everyone :)
At the beginning of this year I was really worried about my future and stressed about the present since I didn't know what I was meant to do to prepare for something I wasn't sure of. Then Jesus told me: "Girl, don't stress...

Yeah I know that you don't know where you are going or what's coming up the bend and I'm not mean, it actually hurts me to see you grope along the way and sometimes crash into walls. 

So let me direct your attention to the left over there. What's that? Yup, I have given you a GPS so I don't want you to park somewhere waiting to receive all the answers about your future before you can move on. I want you to move on so that the GPS I have given you can work. So venture boldly into the unknown because you have a GPS that knows. Wait a minute! that actually means that you have to activate the GPS first then listen to it , trust that it will get you to the desired destination that I have programmed for you and then actually follow the directions it will give you.

 So each day as you journey on you have the choice to activate the GPS and to follow the directions it gives or you can decide not to. If you decide not to then you are choosing to trust yourself. Please don't do that because it's dumb lol (but for real, you just told me that you don't know the future so choosing to trust yourself is choosing to trust ignorance which will lead to you getting lost and crashing into things. So that would be setting yourself up for failure). Speaking about failure, the word 'failure' does not exist in the GPS manual as long as you have activated it and have decided to follow it's directions. Yes you may get distracted from time to time and hence fail to hear some instructions and you may have taken a wrong turn somewhere. But no need to worry! The beautiful thing about having a GPS is that it recalculates and sets you back on the right track to reach your destination. 

Yes the destination I have programmed for you is AWESOME! but I want you to enjoy the journey as well that's why I have given you this free gift, this GPS so that you can stop worrying, stressing, wandering around aimlessly, crashing into things and getting stuck in traffic- all of this will wear you out and even prevent you from reaching the destination. This GPS is not ordinary, its special! When you first start using it you will be on manual drive (you'll probably be switching off between trusting yourself and following the GPS) but when you actually decide to follow only the GPS then auto-drive will be activated, the GPS will drive for you and all you have to do is rest and enjoy the view. So yeah, take this gift, activate it and follow it please, for your own good. Peace!" :)
____________________________________________________________________________________

*GPS= God's Powerful Spirit aka Holy Spirit

Huh? Who? What? Where?Why? How?
 "The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him (Jesus)— 
   the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding
   the Spirit of counsel and of might
   the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD— 
 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD.
   He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, 
   or decide by what he hears with his ears
but with righteousness..." (Isaiah 11:2-4)

"If you love me (Jesus), keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate (Counsellor / Helper) to help you and be with you for everthe Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. (John 14: 15-18)

"All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14: 25-27)

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” (Isaiah 30: 21)


_________________________________________________________________________________
Practicals
A. Are you driving on the wrong streets? Time to make a U-turn into the Jesus freeway =)
Check out this song by Alisa they came to perform at the Black Church Experience we had in '10 (thanks guys! for blessing us with the powerful gifts that the Holy Spirit has graced you with =).



B.Jesus is saying: Let me be your wings.... "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but they who wait for the LORD will renew their strengthThey will soar on wings like eaglesthey will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40: 30-31)



"Fly with me and I will be your wings"
1. Read the Bible- Anytime. Anywhere. You could try reading it right before you study. It usually gives me peace which helps me focus more when I'm studying and reminds me that the Holy Spirit is with me as I study and is there to help me and to guide me into all truth. Also, we all deal with emotional drama everyday (stress, anger, confusion, discouragement, worry etc) and that's the time that you least feel like reading the Bible but grab it anyway and turn to any random Psalm and it will set you straight =)

2. Pray- God is everywhere around us and also in us (just believe Jesus and He will be) so talk to Him anywhere, at anytime about anything and everything :) He wants to give you His peace (doesn't depend on your circumstances) and wisdom. And yeah, He just wants to hang out with you and be involved in each area of your life so let's stop ignoring Him. Let's acknowledge Him (pray) for He is always with us :)


"Leave behind the world you know for another world of wondrous things"
3. Ask. Stop being afraid of the Holy Spirit. He is pretty cool! Have you read the Bible? The Book of Acts? The followers of Jesus were having a blast walking by the Spirit and doing "crazy things" like Jesus said they would ( John 16:12).

 *So Trust God and Ask for the Holy Spirit to fill you- Yes He lives in you from the moment you believe and give your life to Jesus but He also wants to fill you (take control/ be more involved in every part of our life) so we have to lose control and for that to happen we have to trust God.

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” (Luke 11: 9-13)



* Wanna read about my Holy Spirit filling experience? Check out: Holy Spirit Downpour at Prefall. (You don't have to have the exact same experience as me to be filled by the Spirit just do what Jesus says that's the whole point for all of us. Let's surrender more and more until we surrender our all to Him :)



K, this one was for individual application and I'll publish another one later for corporate application. God showed me that this message is not just for myself so look out for "The Desert" post (coming soon!). Peace! =)



Prayer meetings:

1. Family prayer led by me and the family prayer gang- Wednesday at 1pm Storke Plaza.
2. Racial Reconciliation prayer led by Lissah and Shayne- Fridays at 1pm ?
3. Yours- day? time? :)
4. Prayer and Prophecy- Monday nights (anytime between 7-10pm) at the prayer shed on DP

*Video Clip: Check out this interview with Pastor Guillermo Maldonado. He talks about how Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever and His promises to His followers are still true today. Check out how revival is spreading like a wildfire in places where people take Jesus at His Word. Miracles still happen! Jesus is so cool! hahaha =) And there are miracles happening right here in IV. Check this out: Jesus Loves IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment