Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring Rains


Listen! My Beloved! 
Look! Here He comes, 
leaping across the mountains, 
bounding over the hills. 
My Beloved is like a gazelle or a young stag. 

Look! There He stands behind our wall, 
gazing through the windows, 
peering through the lattice. My Beloved spoke and said to me, 
“Arise, my darling, 
my beautiful one, come with me. 
Behold! The winter is past; 
the rains are over and gone. 
Flowers appear on the earth; 
the season of singing has come, 
the cooing of doves 
is heard in our land. 
The fig tree forms its early fruit;  the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. 
Arise, come, my darling; 
 my beautiful one, come with me.” (Song of Solomon 2: 8-13)

At the beginning of this quarter God gave me a peek into this season we are now in. He told me that it is "a time to mourn and a time to dance." (Eccl. 3:4b) At first I was like, "Ohkay...Weird! What kind of bipolar season is this? How can I be both miserable and happy at the same time? lol" Then what He told me made a lot of sense. He reminded me of this Scripture: "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18).  He showed me that this was spiritual warfare. There's lots of the devil's strongholds in the land and a lot of people don't notice (behold) them and it for this reason He wants me to mourn (fight in the spirit: fast, pray and interceed). The whole year I've been caught up fighting ground warfare (going to endless meetings to talk about problems which just magnified them) and this wore me out and kept me from focussing on the solution, which is acknowledging God (fasting, praying, interceeding, singing, dancing). So yeah He told me to stop that (focusing on problems) in order to focus on Him, rest at His feet and have fun with Him :) because He is in control. He also told me to remember who I am. He reminded me of how in Kenya in all our gatherings we would always pray, praise and worship (singing, dancing, being, sharing). So pretty much He was telling me, it's time to be yourself. "You are free to be yourself "(Check out my Freedom album on facebook).

"Garden" by Misty Edwards: http://youtu.be/_tgTdUA0CwI

"Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises,He will appear; He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth" (Hosea 6:3) So come Holy Spirit! I'm looking forward to sowing in this season (dying to myself, taking my eyes off the world to focus on Jesus; seeking Him in all that I do) in order to reap (the fruit of the Spirit, to walk by faith/ walk by the Spirit). So let it rain! :)




_________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment