Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Priorities!

What takes priority in your life shapes everything! Because even good things can become idols if we don't get the order right. Take a listen to the talk below by Pastor Phil Allen from The Vine. He spoke at The Real Conference- InterVarsity's black student conference- last year. His topic was "Kingdom over Culture"- His talk really hit home so I recorded parts of it to share with you guys. His main text is Matthew 6:33.

Here's the video/audio version of that chapter lol :-)


"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matthew 6:33)


"Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor." (Proverbs 21:21)

___________________________________________________________


Update: 10/10/12

“Never let the urgent, crowd out the important.” ~Kelly Caitlin Walker.

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." (2 Timothy 1:7)

So one huge thing I need to re-learn is time management! Messing up my priorities is what got me into a huge mess in various areas of my life and culminated in my falling apart last year. That's why "I'm glad I'm not yet a grad" -God, in his mercy, gave me another chance to get things right while at school. But I failed at this while at home for summer and my first week of school was a mess as well. This was repeat -fail was caused by thinking too much about the urgent (stressing) which was a fail because I ended up missing out on both the important and the urgent (double fail). So yeah God just told me to quit stressing and just to rest (find rest in Him) and then just to flow from that. Putting God first doesn't mean only doing one thing (say reading the Bible for 24hrs or just going to church on Sunday) yes those are good things, but it means allowing Him into every area of your life. So yeah, thanks God for reminding me that today. Help me flow! Fill me with more of Your Spirit of love, power and self-control. In Jesus' name, Amen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment