Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Fall Fast

Means: Set apart for God. Dedicated. Sanctified. Devoted.
Wow. I get distracted really easily by starting too many things at once and then getting nothing done, plus I've been busy. I have a bunch of stuff to share in my drafts but nothing's finished yet. I just need to settle down and focus! Anyway, this one's urgent. It's a call to fast. I was planning to fast again and invite people to join me to fast for ourselves, for UCSB, California, America, the world, when I was back at school but a worldwide fast has already been called for September 1st (yeah sorry I didn't share this earlier). A 60 day fast. I'm going to do a Daniel fast. But you can do whatever fast you feel led to do (juice, water, esther fasts ...) For more info on the Daniel fast: A Call to Fast (March).

I like what Misty Edwards said about fasting she said it's more for us to have an increased capacity to understand God more.


“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there. (2 Chronicles 7: 13-16)


Let's seek His face, ask Him to open our eyes, to search us inside and to break our hearts for what breaks His and to fill us with more of His presence =)
_________________________________________________________________________


WINTER FAST starting February 2014

I'm tired of doing things in my own strength and according to my own understanding. I want to rest in God. I want more of His love and power, I want Him! All of Him. I want breakthrough in my life and beyond. I want to be set on fire by the power of His love. A 40 day fast has been called (You can watch this vide: I shall now pour out My Spirit). I'll do another post on fasting but just wanted to extend the invitation to fast this month, let's press in to God for more!



"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." (Matthew 5:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment