Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

NEW Day! ☼

Steadfast Love? New Mercies each New Day? Yay!!! =)

"Today I Will Make A Difference" By Max Lucado

Today I will make a difference. I will begin by controlling my thoughts.
A person is the product of his thoughts. I want to be happy and hopeful.
Therefore, I will have thoughts that are happy and hopeful. 
I refuse to be victimized by my circumstances. I will not let petty
inconveniences such as stoplights, long lines, and traffic jams be my masters. 
I will avoid negativism and gossip. Optimism will be my companion,
and victory will be my hallmark. Today I will make a difference.

I will be grateful for the twenty-four hours that are before me.
Time is a precious commodity. I refuse to allow what little time I have to be
contaminated by self-pity, anxiety, or boredom. I will face this day
with the joy of a child and the courage of a giant. I will drink each
minute as though it is my last. When tomorrow comes, today will be gone
forever. While it is here, I will use it for loving and giving
Today I will make a difference.

I will not let past failures haunt me. Even though my life is scarred
with mistakes, I refuse to rummage through my trash heap of failures. 
I will admit them. I will correct them. I will press on. Victoriously. 
No failure is fatal. It's OK to stumble... . I will get up. It's OK to
fail... I will rise again. Today I will make a difference.

I will spend time with those I love. My spouse, my children, my family.
A man can own the world but be poor for the lack of love. A man can own
nothing and yet be wealthy in relationships. Today I will spend at
least five minutes with the significant people in my world. Five quality
minutes of talking or hugging or thanking or listening. Five undiluted
minutes with my mate, children, and friends.

Today I will make a difference.

Even though my life is scarred with mistakes, I refuse to rummage
through my trash heap of failure. I will admit them. I will correct them.
I will press on.

(Thanks Priscilla Nyakeru for forwarding this quote to me!)

_______________________________________________________________________

I don't have the time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way You Love me =)

Mini-me hahaha :-)
"for though a righteous man falls seven times, 
he rises again" (Proverbs 24:16a) 
Like I said in the previous post, I was feeling like a failure towards the end of last quarter but God reminded me of His mercies which are new every morning and gave me strength to push on. But then again at the very end of the quarter I felt like a failure again and once more God reminded me to keep on moving since it's not over yet so there's still hope. Then I went home for summer and same thing happened again :( I'll give the details later. But even then, God told me to keep my head up and not to give up. He told me that I have to make the choice to rejoice. Because no matter how I feel and no matter what happens, God is always good and He is for me and better things are yet to come. He promises restoration :) Breakthrough's coming let's hold on! (related posts: The Choice to Rejoice & Rest) Thanks Jesus for your faithfulness and love! You're the best!!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My dad LOL =)
"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: *Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead* (Philippians 3:12-13)
*(That last verse doesn't mean running away from the past. Rather acknowledging it, learning from it then moving on. If you don't do that the past has this tendency of repeating itself & will keep you from moving forward. I know this from experience). K, Let's live for today with God's help! :)


2 comments: