Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Count the Cost


“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10: 37-39) - Jesus.

I know that video and that Scripture is pretty intense. Jesus calls us to a life of full and constant surrender. But once again we can't do it with on our own strength (that's why it's called surrender lol). So let's count the cost- be aware that He wants our all. He wants us to love Him with our all, more than anything else. Let's also be aware that He has the power to make us the overcomers that we are called to be :) Related post: Love Me.

♫ I have counted the cost for the sake of knowing You.



Lord, I don't want to cheat on You with the world anymore. I can't go back to the way it used to be before Your Presence came and changed me. I can't compromise anymore for the sake of fitting in, to follow tradition. All I want is You Lord. You are the giver of true peace and joy. So yeah, help me to stand firm and not to compromise. I want to please You and not the world. To trust in You alone and with my all. I want more of You Jesus! I want to be holy, set apart for You alone. So yeah help me to be in the world but not of it. Take me all the way Jesus! Related post: Intimacy.

"Teach me Your way, O LORD, that I may walk in Your truth
unite my heart to fear Your name." ♥ Psalm 86:11 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment