Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Dear InterVarsity Family,

(I was going to post this on the InterVarsity wall mid-Spring, I tried to but I wasn't able to for some weird reason...idk. So it's been in my drafts ever since then but now I felt like sharing it coz it's the same message that God has given me to share again)

Hey family :) As you may have noticed, we are a multi-ethnic fellowship. And for racial reconciliation (unity) to happen God wants us to share our lives with each other, that includes how we worship Him. And that means we have to lead each other in worship and prayer. That means we have to displace ourselves (let some one else lead you in how they worship). That takes humility (trusting in God's design: we are a body,the Holy Spirit is in all of us, we are all leaders and we all need each other). So let's humble ourselves before the Lord to be better friends with Him and each other, to fellowship.

With that said there's an urgency to this season and we need to pray. I feel like Jesus is saying to us, "Rise and shine sleeping beauty! This is not the time to be asleep. Watch and pray." I would love to see more of us leading prayer meetings. So this week (today at 2, Tuesday at 4 and Wednesday at 1) I'm gonna be at Storke plaza to pray together with anyone who is free at that time. I really feel an urgency to pray. If you've never been to a prayer meeting before or you just think I'm weird lol, that's okay, come anyway, we'll start off with a time of debrief and sharing. I know I may bark pretty loudly in my writings but I don't bite (I'm gentle in person) 
so yeah lets be friends. God bless :)


Here's another one that I sent on 3/9/11 but I deleted it after I posted the other one the next day: Hey everyone :) *Unity in Prayer & Shayne.* So this quarter most people have been having a hard time spiritually (emotional rollercoasters, confusion, discouragement etc) and I realized that we didn't have any prayer meetings going on (no unity in prayer) until later on when Shayne and Lissah restarted their racial rec prayer meeting. Here's the thing there is power in praying together.
***So God put Shayne on my heart and I feel like we need to come together to wait on God and pray for her- against depression and also for Josh, for more healing. So tomorrow we are going to meet at the prayer shed at 7pm to pray and worship, to wait on God and expect Him to move.
*Also let's fast tomorrow (at least a meal). You can also fast a form of entertainment or any other distractions. I know we're all busy but let's fast time tomorrow. I'm just fed up of seeing people suffer and being afraid of doing what God tells me (1 Samuel 7:2-17, Isaiah 61:1-3, 2 Chronicles 7:14).
" For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power." (1 Corinthians 4:20) ->power of the Holy Spirit inside us. 
So yeah let's get together, praise, pray and wait on God. Please. For the sake of us all =)

So yeah, God's kept giving me the same message to share throughout last year: We all need to come together and wait on Him. I shared this in The Desert post and in pretty much all the posts I've shared for the the fellowship on the iv wall or in my blog. We are going to stay in this desert season until we learn to trust in the Holy Spirit. We need to trust God to fight our battles for us instead of relying on our own understanding. He is mighty! :) We need to take God at His Word, to obey Him. He already gave us the short-cut through this desert season (and all it's drama) through Kevin at Pre-fall (Matthew 20:16a) and Casey in the Fall (1 Corinthians 12: 21-25) and He kept giving me Isaiah 43:19 from freshman year. Like I said, rather like He said in Acts 1, we need to wait on Him. And that's what God's been telling me to share with you guys from my cultural background. But each time I was about to lead you guys in that there has been spiritual warfare that has prevented that from happening. So yeah, I'm just letting you know what the solutions are (application). What God has been telling us through different people and through His Word. All I was asking for was one common ground or any other time that we can all come together. All this blogging stuff could have been avoided if I was given the chance to share what God gave me to share from  prefall. But no worries, God is our restorer! :) If you still don't understand what I'm saying that is expected coz it's better to hear it from me and not just to hear it but to experience it for yourself (letting me lead you to see what I'm saying which is the gentle approach to teaching). God wants to solve our drama (-bring freedom- Isaiah 61:1-3) so that we can be outward focussed, for the rest of Isaiah 61 to happen. He wants us to love Him with our all and to also love each other deeply and sincerely then He'll send us out to spread that love and He'll add to our numbers. It's all about Him. It's all about Love. Ok, I'll stop here coz all this is really redundant. So yeah, let me know when you're ready for this (it's just real friendship + sincere love + waiting on God => racial rec/unity) and when you're ready to give up a common ground or any other time when we can all come together (I'd say sooner rather than later but yeah it's up to you guys). And don't say it won't work until you've actually tried it. And it's ok, you don't have to believe it will happen, we all have different gifts and I guess one of mine is Faith and I believe God will come through and do what He said He will do! He is able! Let's just surrender! :D


In the meantime (and always), I wanna be your friend! and I'm also looking for friends to do life with including stuff that I like to do. So yeah, invite me into your life and you are welcome into mine :-) Like I said, I feel an urgency to pray so let me know if you wanna join me. Wisdom, Kristin and I pray together on Tuesdays at 3pm - you are welcome to join us in front of the Ucen. And yeah, let's just form a habit of praying whenever we are together. We like discussing stuff which is great, but praying about it is even greater! =) Let's PRAY for the East coast. I had seen this ->video<- that's a prophecy about destruction coming to the East Coast- a mega tsunami and I don't know if what she saw was Hurricane Sandy and there's this one ->video2<- also, a prophecy about a massive storm coming to America as a warning from God and I think it's pretty descriptive of Sandy... or something bigger? idk. And I have more stuff to share with you guys (so you can not watch those videos until I give you the context or whatever). Don't worry though, we just need to pray! (Also, I'm making mandazis and watching a really cool documentary -Father of Lights- this Saturday so come join in! Especially if your wondering what the coming revival is gonna look like. K, all the best in your midterms! Love you guys! Peace :-)

P.S: I'm sorry for not being myself and sharing my life from the beginning. I've just been listening to the voices of fear in my head for a long time. They've been telling me that people don't like me and I had to change so I changed so much until I didn't know who I was or how to act. So that was actually the devil's tactics to keep me from loving people. So I'm sorry for letting fear hold me back from loving you guys. That's a form of pride and selfishness (like I mentioned in the American Idols post) so please forgive me. So yeah, I wanna change that. I wanna love people more. I wanna share my life and be a better friend. I know some of the stuff God gives me to share is pretty heavy and mostly about spiritual warfare (the devil's schemes in systemic stuff. Nothing personal!) but it will make more sense if we are interacting as friends. And I know I'm hard to understand since I'm in transition so I forgive you for not understanding me. It's time to fight for each other together. So let's all be friends. We are family and we all need each other. And please, if you have any questions about anything please talk to me. It's been hard for me to initiate coz I thought everyone hated me, but like I said I can't listen to those voices anymore. It's time to love. Time for unity. I'll be initiating more and feel free to do the same. Love Charlene =) (Related posts: A Call for unity in the Body of Christ and Unity is brewing up)



"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." (Ephesians 6: 18)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7) =)

No comments:

Post a Comment