Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Confessions of a Hypochristian


I have to admit it. I have been a hypocrite (meaning #2) and I still am : / But God has been calling me out of hypocrisy, calling me out of this world. He called me out of lust when I straight up wasn't repenting (post: Freedom) and he called me out of tolerating systems of injustice (post: Advocacy). But there's more hypocrisy, more change that needs to happen. Take a listen to this powerful spoken word piece. 


God, I can't take this anymore! I can't live like this! Daily denying You! mostly by my inaction (not acting on my beliefs and feelings). AHH!!! Take this heart and form it! Take this will and conform it to Yours! May Your Love be the force that drives me to the end of me. I pray I die to myself! I pray Your Love breaks all the chains that keep me stagnant. Fill me up Lord to the point that I can't help but reek the Gospel in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. I lay me down Lord. YOU DID IT FOR ME! So who am I to hold back??! AHHHH! I lay me down Lord. Make me NEW again (yeah I know I'm new but help me walk in this newness). I'm ALL IN.



We've formed a tradition out of our hypocrisy but now is the time to break down, time to break free! No, not next quarter, not sometime in 2013 ("hopefully"), NOW!!! Laziness, complacency, fear of man and hypocrisy is not 'waiting on God'. It's time to stand up, time to rise up! It's time for the real thing =) 

"If you fear rejection then you’ll worship approval, you’ll worship man and the status quo. You’ll worship what you fear the most
. If you fear God the most you’ll worship Him." -Jacob Reeve.

"Don't wait for the move of God. Be the move of God."- Jason Lomelino.

Listen to this timely song by Alisa. They performed at The Black Church Experience in 2010. Lord, please give us the boldness to ditch hypocrisy for Your Love (loving You with our all and loving our neighbors as ourselves and hating all evil. --> True worship). In Jesus' name, Amen! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment