Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

And on the 23rd year she rose again...

HAHAHA! =)
Me: Oh my God! I'm now 23!?! O_o
I guess it's about time I Act mature huh?
God: You got that right. Let's make this an Act-ual New year; you've been re-playing those old records for a while now.
Me: K let's do this!!! :D

"And do this (love), understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed." (Romans 13:11)


So in my Adolescent Psych class, we went over Adolescent Egocentrism, an example being "The imaginary audience": “Every time I was walking down the hall with my non- Guess jeans on and heard anyone whispering or giggling behind me, I was convinced they were laughing at me because I wasn’t wearing Guess jeans.” -20 yr old female (Arnett, 2004) That's so immature right? lol. Well it dawned on me that that was the same old trick that the devil had been using on me for a long time, he got me to think about what people might be thinking about me which would then governed my interactions with them: my action or inaction. So the past few weeks I got caught up with that but last weekend I found it liberating when I thought to myself, "People are not even thinking about you most of the time! Lol. They are busy with their own lives." And I also remembered that it was spiritual warfare -> the devil trying to get me take my eyes off Jesus hence not to be myself and to isolate me from others. That's failure defined : /

So pretty much God told me it's about time to grow up lol. To act mature. To act upon my thoughts and not to listen to the discouragement from the devil. I stopped initiating that much with people due to fear of being misunderstood and fear of rejection. But let's face it, fear is immature. To act mature is to Love. To love is to be yourself (finding your identity and security in God's love) and to initiate and share with others. Related Posts (coz I don't want to repeat myself much) God told me that I am Free to Be! Free to Fly!  and to Just Be. No more drama! lol I don't need anyone's permission to be myself and to be friends with people coz God already gave it to me. So freeing! :-)

“If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed.
If you look at God you'll be at rest.” (Corrie Ten Boom) :-)

Watch out for the foe! He is pretty sneaky and mean. Let's stay alert (eyes on Jesus) so we don't fall for the foe's schemes (including self-pity, discouragement and false humility). This is a video of my lil sis and I a few years ago LOL.



"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he."// "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."//"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
♥ Proverbs 23:7, Proverbs 4:23, Philippians 4:6-7 ♥

So most of my posts have been whiny repetitions. I should have re-named my blog "charlene's lamentations" lol. But now ♫ that I can see clearly now the rain is gone  I think that it's dumb that I kept falling for the same schemes over and over again. And it's kinda embarassing- I don't know how you guys read this stuff lol. I sure do hope somebody out there is learning from my failures and is praying for me haha! But I've decided that failure shall no longer be the story of my life. ♫ I shall live and not die. I'll finish strong♫ It's a new season :D I'm gonna live actual life (life full of life)! And I'm already making progress as God strengthens me (yes, I'm even meeting new people! ) Thank You Lord for your love, grace & mercy! :)


I think this song was written for me and for now lol. Listen to the words :-)

And the rest is still unwritten... :-)

P.S: I don't know how much blogging I'll be doing. Yeah I still have a ton of stuff I haven't shared in my drafts but I'm not going to stress out about it like it's the only thing in the world that God wants me to do (the only way to share my life). I'm just going with "the flow" (of the Holy Spirit) now. Plus it's not like I write everything about my life so if you use my blog as your primary source of who Charlene is then you're missing out lol. But I'm still in the process of remembering who I am and re-programming. But yeah, we can like do life together. Peace! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment