Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Be Still and Know


I stress out and worry a lot especially during those stressful times (like exam week!) when I feel like I'm obliged to stress and worry. But this time I grabbed my Bible to give me peace (=perspective) and I imagined that I was a little child having a tantrum and God, my Father, was trying to calm me down. This is how I played it out in my mind:

Child: ????wahhhhhh!!!! >.< ??? nyeeeee! :o ???? uwiiii! :(....sigh, sigh....????? tantrum! panic!!

Father: "Be still and know that I am God". I am in control. "The battle is not yours. It is mine. Stand still and see the deliverance I will give you." Don't you worry about a thing. "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Trust me. I gat this. I gat you :)

Child: hmm...Ok. Its hard for me because I can't see into the future like you can. Ha! that should be even more reason for me to trust you right? But its so hard just to be still with all the craziness all around.

Father: Strength will rise as you wait for me. So wait for me. Yes you are a child and you are weak but if you wait for me I will increase your strength. I don't expect you to try to do anything on your own."For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you". And I'll say it again, "do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." I love you and I will never let go of you.

Child: Ok, help me and keep reminding me of those truths."Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." I choose to look to you, to wait for you, to trust you. So help me God. "I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content." Thank you Father! You're the best. Love you too! ♥ =)
(*Quotations from the Bible- Psalms & Isaiah :) Nov. 26th, 2011)





Related post: My G.P.S

2 comments:

  1. thanx :)
    one of my faves.. when i am feeling stressed, sad.. etc..
    "These things i have spoken unto you that in me, ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulations; but BE OF GOOD CHEER; i have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete