Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Taste Surrender, See Freedom =)


"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." (Psalm 34:8)

“My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior...for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name. " :-)
(Mary's Song in Luke 1)

Thank you God for all that you have done for me so far! You're so great! And I don't even deserve it. You're so gracious! And I'm excited for what you're yet to do! (for there is much to be done)

Yesterday at church, the sermon was entitled, "A Mary Christmas" and it was based on Luke 1. Just want to share my thoughts about that passage. Mary sung a song ( Luke 1:46-55) after the Angel gave her the news that she would supernaturally conceive and give birth to Jesus. At first she was astonished at the news, she was "greatly troubled at his words." “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?” (vs. 34)

Many times, things seem impossible: how will this person/situation ever change? I've had this habit/problem/struggle for so long, how can I ever be free? How can I overcome this? How will I be set free? How will I get close with God (again or for the first time)? It makes no sense at all. Let's be logical, it seems impossible.

I have some good news for us! It's not up to us.
When Mary asked the angel, "How will this be" she was focused on her limitations, "since I am a virgin."
But the angel shifted her focus off herself by saying, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you... For nothing is impossible with God."

GOOD NEWS!
It's not about us! Freedom doesn't hinge upon our own strength or lack of it.
It's about God. How He works in us through His Holy Spirit. It's about His Power to set free, to heal, to restore, to do the impossible.
So all we have to do is surrender to His Power. Like Mary did: (she humbled herself )
I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.”


Let's imitate Mary, let us humble ourselves before Him. Let's admit defeat. We are not all-powerful. He is. Let's let Him fight our battles for us. He is able!

Then she sung a song to praise God even before He did what He said He was going to do. I think we should do the same. Learn to rest. To have faith. To be pregnant with hope for what God is going to do. To be confident that He will fulfill His Word to us even when we don't see it at the present moment. Let's praise Him where we're at, He surely won't leave us here.


"Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s." (2 Chronicles 20: 15b)

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength"
(Isaiah 30:15a)

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." (Exodus 14:14)

Let go and Let God.


"Remedy" by Dominic Balli: http://youtu.be/RBkVmQZRhEs
(Look up the lyrics if you can't hear them. So powerful! )

Prayer:
"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith." (Ephesians 3:14-17a)
___________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment