Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

REST => SOAR ☺

Finals are coming! Finals are coming!....Oh no! Finals are here! AHHHHH!!! *panic*panic*panic*

So STRESS/WORRY usually gets to me and affects my performance in stuff:
Freaking out --> discouragement-->giving up--> much dreaded failure :'(
BUT hoping in God (waiting on Him)--> renewed strength--> much hoped for victory! =).

***You will learn to SOAR when you learn to REST***
An Eagle depends on/ rests on the wind which helps it soar to great heights.
* I'm learning that God's Arms are the Safest Place to be and I should stop fighting them. I should Find Rest in Him.Trust Him and His Word. I wish that meant not having to study lol but it means trusting Him in everything I am doing and looking to Him for strength and peace. To rest on the Holy Spirit's power over the storm :)

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid
." (John 14:27)
*Peace in the midst of a storm* =)

Prayer

Help me to rest Lord. Wrap me in your arms.

"I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;
turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.
Show me the wonders of your great love,
you who save by your right hand
those who take refuge in you from their foes.
Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings "
(Psalm 17:6-8)

All the best in your finals (and any other kind of trial)!
Let's not worry, let's pray. Let's not freak out, let's rest =)

(P.S: If I start freaking out again please remind me of these truths. Thanks! :)


"Still" by Hillsong: http://youtu.be/z3wwWFsSlNQ

*Other finals week tips: Hydrate! Water + tea (decaff!) + God's Word and stretch before you sleep! :)

Update: God showed me I have the fear of failure and He told me it's okay to fail haha :) His grace is enough for me so just to rest in Him instead of striving out of that fear. And yeah, He wants me not to even worry about soaring but to just rest (coz that's when I can actually soar) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment