Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bring Me To Life


If we don't put to death deeds of the flesh, if we love God but also love other idols in our life. If we don't realize that those idols are actually idols, we won't see the need to give them up, we won't see the need to be revived.

"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry." (Colossians 3:5)

That's when we'll be fully alive in Christ (not cheating on Him on the side). It's easy for us Christians to think we've understood/attained the fullness of the knowledge of Christ, the fullness of His love, the fullness of His glory, the fullness of His grace, His glorious inheritance for us, His Spirit....the fullness of God. (Eph. 4:13, 1:23, 3:19, 1:18, John 1:16, 2 Cor. 3:18,4:6)

And so we stay complacent with what we do know about Him , and what we think we know instead of thirsting for more and more.

But Paul tells us to:

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. "(Philipians 3:2-14)

=) So yeah let's press on and keep thirsting (He satisfies).

Reminds me of these songs:
"Shekinah Glory" by Cory Asbury and Jaye Thomas: http://youtu.be/I1NphUmmzdM
"Wake me up inside" by Evanescence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvgR_mWGco

(Nov. 5, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment