Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

NO LIMITS 2014!!!

This was originally the "Thumbelina" post from Summer but all I did was just post the movie so now (12/30/13) I wanna share what I got out of it as well as additional confirmation I gathered in the Fall.

♫ You're sure to do impossible things if you follow your heart. You're sure to fly on magical wings when you follow your heart. "Oh that is very nice and I like what it is saying. It is saying: Follow your heart and nothing is impossible! ♫ ~Jacquiomo, "swallow extraordinaire and lover of beautiful things" in Thumbelina :-)

In this post: *Here's to 2013.*Walk by Faith Not by Sight. Guard Your Mind. *Success Stories.*Year of the Open DoorS. NO LIMITS!! *ONE Love: SB Edition.


Here's to 2013. Here's to Hebrew Year 5773



Photo from Beckah Shae's fb page :-)

Check out the video above, it was one of ads on youtube that you could skip but I'm glad that I didn't. "In 2013 the world searched for: New Beginnings, New frontiers, Ways to help -"Our values call upon us to care about the lives of people we will never meet," Courage - We realize the importance of light when we see darkness. Goodbyes- Baronness Thatcher, Paul Walker, Nelson Mandela, Inspiration... ♫ Yea it feels like I've come home. Ohh yeah it feels like I've come home. ♫ Search on."

It was moving, in a painful way, to watch that because that's what 2013 was meant to be for me, for us. God told me a lot about the year 2012, and later I learnt about the Jewish calendar 5773 (kinda like the school year, overlaps 2 years, starts in late September). It was the "Year of the Open Door," "The Year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God,""The Dawn of a New Era." Much was going to happen that year and a lot did, but all of it happening was dependent on our partnership with God (Related post: A New Road). Some doors closed early that year because there was a new one that was opened for us and all we had to do was walk through. But some of us (like me) didn't get it at first and kept banging on the closed doors.

In the loneliness and disorientation of Fall 2012, I saw the deep darkness (depression) and I saw the Bright Light (revelation when I looked to God. I got so juiced and vision which filled me with such an urgency and brokenness... I was an explosion about to happen. In 2013, my aching heart and excruciating hunger drove me to places that I had never been, places that I would not even consider venturing into before... But once I was there all I had to do was deposit what was burning within me. To simply breathe out, release. But instead of following my heart, I followed my mind and held back. My mind would tell me that my heart wasn't worth it :( It was as effortful and painful as holding my breath and I made myself suffer immensely to the point of numbness. After every season (end of the school year, end of summer, end of Fall) it was painful to realize what could have been - how my dreams would have come true if only I followed my heart. From my failure to launch, I can attest to that quote, "Take risks: If you win, you'll be happy; if you lose you'll be wise."And I'll add "If you don't take risks you'll be miserable in your uncomfortable comfort zone but there is grace and mercy so rise up again and give it your all!" I can whine for days but that's not very beneficial so I'd rather share what I learnt and we'll also hear from people who took risks and made their dreams come true in 2013.
_______________________________________________________________________

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight. Follow Your heart, Guard Your Mind.

"Think before you act" can be the dumbest decision you'll ever make. That's what got me into trouble all year. God was opening doors for me, giving me opportunities to meet new people as well as to renew old relationships, new platforms to share the Wisdom He gave me without the constraints of the previous year, and yeah just the freedom to live, love and breathe... to be me, who I fully am. But when these doors were opening it was kinda like a bus... you don't have forvever to board, you have to jump on it! And that's what my heart was telling me to do, jump! But my mind would tell me to stop and make calculations and before I knew it the door would close, an opportunity would slip by then another one would arise and it became like a cycle. When I remembered God's grace and the vision of hope and purpose He gave me, I'd rise again and start again but I'd stop myself from giving my all because of the reputation I had built for myself, how people saw me, then this would discourage me once more.

K, enough of that... What was the most painful thing about that restless cycle is knowing that by choosing not to follow my heart (/not taking risks/not walking by faith), I was not pleasing God, I was disobeying Him </3 :'((((( See what's going on? This is a call for MIND RENEWAL! "Simba, you have forgotten me...You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself Simba. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the Circle of life."- Mufasa (post: REMEMBER).

Check out the 58 sec video below. The mind can be an enemy working against us that's why it's imperative to walk by faith. This is also a call to guard our minds, to put on the helmet of salvation. Post: Full Armor of God. "and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth."// "and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator." (Ephesians 4:23, Colossians 3:10)


Check out the super-encouraging video I stumbled into this year. "... You're Ready! It's Time! Even the devil can't stop it coz it's Time! You used to say "I can't!" but now all of a sudden you're saying, "I'm raring to go! I'm ready!... It looked as though things were over for you... Get ready! Your most rewarding accomplishments are just around the corner, ... roll up your mat, not angel is being sent to stir the pool but JESUS Himself is passing by and you will receive your healing... You got things to do, places to go, things to say. Your healing will be both in mind and body. You will need to be healed in your mind so that you can begin to see yourself healed in your body, coz you're mind has already accepted that this is the way things are going to be but it's NOT! JESUS is passing by!... He'll turn your mourning into dancing!...You will finally begin your odyssey in the ministry God promised you years ago... It's your childhood dream."

  

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." (Romans 12:2)
________________________________________________________________________

Success Stories

"God working mightily in the human heart is the spring of all abiding spiritual power; and it is only as men follow out the promptings of the inward spiritual life that they do great things for God." -David Livingstone. (Stole the quote from Caralee's wall :)

1.) Brandon James - Producer of "Create to Relate"
Brandon James (Dec 12th)"God has been nothing but great to me this year. My dreams have been made into reality and now I continue to push myself to becoming the best I can be. I cannot take credit for it all. I only take credit in my choices but the blueprint of my life is given to me page by page. What we fear most doing is usually what our life instructions are. So a good portion of 2013 I was scared... in a very very rewarding and enlightening way. I usually get very excited and motivated in the ending days of every year. Last December I knew that 2013 was going to be a life-changer for me. I told individuals that were close to me about this feeling. I put it into existence. It was. 2014 I feel will be exponentially more rewarding. It almost makes me nervous but I know without a doubt that something big is coming. I write this post not to seem over-confident. I write it to say what I simply believe. The biggest lesson I have learned in 2013: The most powerful force any man or woman can have is to believe in themselves, but most importantly, believe in their minds, 100%. Some people call it cocky, I call it faith. Because the Lord speaks to us in the form of thoughts and direction. We as people have a natural tendency to fog our minds with doubt. So with all that said, possibly in a very confusing manner, 2014 is already set for me as 2013 was. Set it for yourself." Here's an example of Brandon's work, featuring the beautiful, gifted Miss Lande Lo' also a UCSB alum' :-)

  

2.) Mac Montgomery from FMLYBAND
Saw this on the fmlybnd fb page on January 17th: "Both Ethan and myself (mac) got tattoos today. Ethan's is John 15:5 and mine simply says "Dream!"- with that to say, because we are the branches and He is the vine, we are in Him and He in us, we are able to dream! dream bigger and bigger everyday! its just crazy! recently some big big big opportunities have been coming our way! so here we go! the sky is not even close to the limit!!"

Mac posted this on his wall on Oct 25th: "When you don't despise the days of small beginnings, this is the type of stuff that starts happening.. #fmlybnd #usopenofsurfing #vans #houseofvans #modestmouse #thefaint #twinshadow #livemusic #summer." Here's a video interview where they talk about the origins:  The Showcase: FMLYBAND. And here's some of their music:


3.) Thumbelina :-)

I like how it starts with Jacquimo's narration: "These are stories about people with impossible problems: Samson & Delilah, Romeo & Juliet,... and the story of Thumbelina." This song that Jacquimo sung throughout the movie really stuck out to me:  ♫ You're sure to do impossible things if you follow your heart! Your dreams will fly on magical wings when you follow your heart. If you have to journey far, here's a little trick. You don't need a guiding star, trust your ticker, get there quicker haha! You're sure to do impossible things if you follow your heart! Come on Thumbelina! You're going home. Your mother is waiting! Get up, Get up! ... Which direction is the best? If the choosing gets confusing maybe it's the math you're using. You don't need a chart to guide you. Close your eyes and look inside you haha! You're sure to do impossible things if you know where to start... Always follow your heart! 

So at the beginning everything is fine. Thumbelina is with her mother, then she mets this fairy prince and falls in love then everything went downhill from there. She was stolen by the frog and got separated from her mom and her prince. She goes through a long journey, she is told that her prince Cornelius died, and also she gives up hope on ever finding her way home. Jacquimo is positive throughout the film and keeps telling her not to lose hope. Towards the hope he even gives her the key to her freedom: He told her to sing! Watch from 1: 15:30. In case you can't here is the convo:

Jacquimo: I have found it! I have found the Vale of the fairies...It's true!... We are here! This is it!! // Thumbelina: This?! This just looks like a patch of ordinary weeds -_- Oh Jacquimo. Take me home!// Jacquimo: Oh sing! Thumbelina, Sing! // Thumbelina♫ You will be my wings. You will be my only love. You will take me far beyond the stars! ♫ Jacquimo, this is silly! This is a weed patch! ...Take me home please. // Jacquimo♫ Let me be your wings! ♫ Sing, like that, sing! // Thumbelina♫ You will lift me high above. Everything we're dreaming of will soon be ours! Anything that we desire, anything at all. Every day you'll take me higher ♫ Let's be practical. This isn't the Vale of the Fairies and Cornelius isn't coming back. // Cornelius: And I'll never let you fall! // Thumbelina: You. It's You! Cornelius You're alive! // Cornelius: Thumbelina, will you marry me? // Thumbelina: YES! ...Wings, I have wings! My very own wings! // <Wedding scene> And always follow your heart. "And of course they lived happily ever after!"

As you've seen, Thumbelina wasn't a believer throughout the film, she battled doubt towards the end when things were not going her way and the people she encountered kept discouraging her, but she still managed to sing the song, even though her mind fought her ("let's be practical"). And when she sung her dreams came true. Cornelius showed up and finished the song, she unlocked the vale of the fairies, and they had a royal wedding. And I really like what Cornelius said when he appeared ("And I'll never let you fall!). Though she doubted that he was still alive he remained faithful to his promise to her. God has spoken to me before through this movie (post: Soon) and also through the song: Let me be your wings. He wants to bring restoration. But this time He stressed my role in making our dreams come true: Singing. Not just me but all of us who are longing for restoration. It's time to sing our freedom and speak life into our circumstances then watch how God will show up! =)

Awake, awake, Deborah! Awake, awake, break out in a song! Arise, Barak, lead away your captives, O son of Abinoam." (Judges 5:12) // "Awake, my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn." (Psalm 57:8)

Also another important thing He gave me confirmation about through the movie is about the marriage of the Lamb (Jesus) with His bride. I still need to blog more about that but I talked about it in ( To be human again). His return is soon and He wants us to be prepared and to prepare others and the means, once again involves song. That scene reminded me of the two songs below. ♫ My God's not dead! He's surely alive! He's living on the inside ROARING like LION! HE'S ALIVE!! ♫ // ♫ He will come riding on the clouds, with justice in His heart. And a sword upon his side and all will see the glory of this man. With fire in His eyes. He's jealous for his bride. He's faithful to the end. He will come and marry me. ♫ ~ Faithful to the End by Cory Asbury.


__________________________________________________________________________

5774 {2013-2014} : Year of the Open Doors. NO LIMITS!


"Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.” (Isaiah 40: 4-5)

♫ There are no limitations in the Spirit. There are no limitations in the glory realm. I can be who you want me to be. I go where you want me to go. I can flow. Nothing is impossible for those who believe and I believe. Nothing is too difficult with God.... No limits. No holding back no more. I'm letting Go. No limits in where you can go, in what you can do, in how you can be used. ♫




"We don't dare because things are hard, things are hard because we don't dare."- Seneca. (Saw that quote on Danielle's wall) So another reason why the past year was "hard" for me was because as new doors were opening no one else around me seemed to be walking through them. I knew that God was doing a new thing all along and I had spent the year before that trying to tell people what God was doing so that we could follow Him there together but no one seemed to be listening. So when the door closed I was forced to go for the new doors myself but I didn't go all the way because I wanted unity to happen first, unity in the body, unity in the harvest. But really my hesitation was fueled by self-esteem issues, I was looking for approval from others (the church) and basing my worth on that. So anyway, at the end of the school year is when I realized what the year 5773 was meant to be about. It was the year of the open door for the forerunners. I was waiting for unity to happen before walking through the doors and claiming what was on the other side, instead of just moving forward myself and preparing a way for others to follow. It was also meant to be the year of the roaring lion for the forerunners. I mentioned before that it seemed like no one was listening to me the previous year, 5772 so I was actually meant to go to the desert (outside the church) to prepare the way for the Lord there, and in doing so creating a greater sense of unity. It was painful to come to the realizations of my failures at the end of the year. The devil lied to me that my heart wasn't worth it and in believing him, I prevented love from flowing in and out of me, I failed those I loved, all my friends and family and God :'(  BUT! THERE'S GRACE!! And that's what this year is all about!! :D

When I came back to SB in the New year 5774, Fall quarter, God kept blasting me with confirmation everywhere I looked. He was saying IT'S TIME! I've been waiting for UNITY to happen and it's finally time for that. Everyone's speaking the same language, not just in the body but even outside the church!! IT'S TIME!! FOR REVIVAL. FOR RENEWAL. God told me UNITY (love) is the key to revival in this land :D So although, my year was a failure, nothing is wasted, God is still faithful. I am grateful for all the different people God allowed me to meet. I went to SB House of Prayer on Rosh Hashanah (the Hebrew New Year) and Jacob Reeve was preaching about the significance of this year. Hebrew letters have a lot of meaning behind them...  I didn't take good notes so I'll just give you the general meaning instead of breaking it down: The Year of the curtain/open door, it's a year about access, connection, networks being established, it's also a decade of revelation of what God is doing, the eyes of the heart being enlightened. Then I got so much confirmation pretty much everywhere I went in the Fall. God is building his Kingdom here. His Kingdom is a family :-)

♫ We are FAMILY! ....living life is fun and we've just begun. To get our share of the world's delights. (HIGH!) high hopes we have for the future. And our goal's in sight. (WE!) no we don't get depressed. Here's what we call our golden rule. Have faith in you and the things you do. You won't go wrong. This is our family Jewel.



______________________________________________________________________________

I HAVE A DREAM: ONE LOVE, SB EDITION :-)

My dream is basically seeing heaven come down. "After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.” (Revelation 7: 9-12)


God was showing me how He's bringing unity in the body, unity amongst the peoples. Though Africa feels (and is) left out most times He hasn't forgotten us and has plans to use us to bring this restoration (post: REAL Identity). God is creating "One New Man."I haven't watched the whole of the Princess and the frog but I run into this song the other day. Listen to what Tiana says at the beginning," I gotta make sure all of daddy's hard work means something// Tiana, your daddy may not have gotten the place he always wanted but he had something better, he had love." This reminded me of the Scriptures below about David and Solomon.
"Then he called for his son Solomon and charged him to build a house for the Lord, the God of Israel. David said to Solomon: “My son, I had it in my heart to build a house for the Name of the Lord my God. But this word of the Lord came to me: ‘You have shed much blood and have fought many wars. You are not to build a house for my Name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in my sight. But you will have a son who will be a man of peace and rest, and I will give him rest from all his enemies on every side. His name will be Solomon, and I will grant Israel peace and quiet during his reign. He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever."

I just found this on the internet. I didn't know the background of those Scriptures :"In historical chronology, King David had recently put down the rebellion of Sheba. He put aside the mistakes of his past and led a righteous life (Philippians 3:13). He was now influencing Judah and Israel to do the same. He was trying to unite the nations of Judah and Israel under one banner. After the threat of Sheba was removed (by removing his head), David's enemies were subdued. The land was free from war by foreign enemies. How could he bring Israel and Judah into one united nation? Whether this was his intent is not totally certain, but the timing seems significant. David ordered the gathering of materials and workmen for building a magnificent temple to God (1Chronicles 22:1-19). David's actions, leading the people to seek God's glory and build him a temple, would finally help bring the two nations together."

And that's all I've been wanting to do this whole time. Get everyone together and just worship the King. He promised me more of His glory, and we need it! I was all washed up from the year but God, who is always faithful still wants to use me, He wants me to a part of what He is doing. So now I'm planning a worship night on January 25th 7pm called ONE LOVE: SB Edition Here's a message I sent to Mac about it: "So towards the end of Fall quarter I went to an inter-faith dinner where I met Pastor Dave Goss from Light and Life Goleta church. After he heard about the ONE Body (United for Christ) group that's forming (students from different ministries coming together for the purpose of planning unity events) he put me in contact with his wife, Tracey Goss, who was actually planning a reception "for the Christian orgs to have a time of sharing about what God is doing in our groups, encourage one another and pray for our ministries and our campus." She wanted it to be done in the Fall but there wasn't enough time to plan it so now we are shooting for early Winter, the 15th. God really impressed unity on her heart this year... her mom had a dream that God would use Tracey to bring small lights together to make one huge light. I'm was really excited that the Spirit drew us together coz that's the same vision I have. I'm excited and expectant for this event... when the circuit riders spoke at Upper room that one time... I knew it was time for SB... God was confirming that the time for revival is now and what will bring breakthrough is more unity in His body, more love. One Love!  Tracey didn't have anything planned she just wants to help bring us together but I really feel like worship should be central so I want to invite the IV worship team to lead worship. I'm also going to ask some other worship teams. I know it's coming up soon but really all I want us is to come together and worship and expect God to show up in a way that SB has never experienced, we are hungry and the land is ready. And yeah, you guy's presence will really help unite people and your worship is so powerful. Sorry I'm a little wordy when I'm excited. Let me know. Thanks!" =)

“Now, my son, the Lord be with you, and may you have success and build the house of the Lord your God, as he said you would. May the Lord give you discretion and understanding when he puts you in command over Israel, so that you may keep the law of the Lord your God. Then you will have success if you are careful to observe the decrees and laws that the Lord gave Moses for Israel. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged."

I can't do this alone. I need your help. So please help. It's not about me or us, it's about Jesus. Peace. Happy New Year! =) Like in the video below, Tiana's mom was giving her some advice on love... Tiana was so busy working towards fulfilling her dad's dream that she wasn't paying attention to love, she wasn't letting love in. And that's my problem too, I'm lovesick :/ I've been shutting out the key to all my dreams coming true and I CAN'T go on this way anymore. I NEED you.

♫ I know exactly where I'm going and I'm almost there. People down here think I'm crazy but I don't care. Trials and tribulations, I've had my share. Aint nothing that's going to stop me now coz I'm almost there... People gon' come here from everywhere and I'm almost there... There's been trials and tribulations, you know I've had my share. But I've climbed the mountains and I've crossed the rivers and I'm almost there ♫



"Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told from the Lord." (Luke 1:45)

Confirmation I just received right now (12/31/13):   2014 - It's time for the Idols to come down & the truth of GOD to rise up! and The Coming Promise, and I saw this earlier this on year: New Life, New Hope, New Dreams.  and 22 Prophetic words (prophetic words for 2013 but I believe we can still claim them for 2014 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment