Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

UNITED

This is an email I sent out to the different Christian groups at UCSB on Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1.49am. And it's funny that when I went to IV Church later that day at 4pm I got blasted by a ton of confirmation from the team from YWAM that came to speak (post: The Harvest). No one responded to the email. But God told me that it wasn't time yet... but then God brought me back to SB this Spring because .... it's Time! =) Be sure to read the application section =) [If you've just tuned into my blog and have no clue what I'm talking about in this post it may help to start here: BEHOLD! and Pre-Fall's Leader's Retreat Awakening]
______________________________________________________________________

Subject: United Outreach Proposals

Hello UCSB brothers and sisters in Christ! *:) happy

a) Intro: Revival at SB. A Call for Unity *:x lovestruck
My name is Charlene Macharia and I'm a 5th year student at UCSB. So I have some exciting news to share with you!!! I know I'm just a nobody but God has given me a message for us (the body of Christ at UCSB)... As you may have noticed God has been moving in UCSB, all the ministries have been sowing for a long time and the harvest is coming soon! There have been many prophesies about revival coming to SB : In the 70's Katherine Kuhlman prophesied that one day a great revival would come out of Santa Barbara and would spread to the whole world. *:-O surprise Cool huh? And it gets even more exciting!! Last year God gave different people from different ministries (ex. InterVarsity, IV Church, Goleta Community Covenant Church-GCC, guest speakers from outside the area) visions and dreams about the nearness of this great revival. The different visions had similar themes: lots of spiritual warfare going down within the body and in the school (the devil's attacks to bring division & discouragement in the body in a bid to prevent revival), then unity in the body (visions of people from different fellowships holding hands) and after that revival breaking out in the school- huge numbers of people coming to Christ! *:D big grin So God has revealed to me that this is the year for the great revival! It's the year of the Lord's favor! He is going to pour out His Spirit! The harvest is coming! It's so exciting!! :D

b) United Outreach Proposals: Christafari Concert and Nefarious Documentary
So that brings me to the main objective of this email. God wants us to be united, first in our hearts (to fix our eyes on Jesus and His Kingdom and to love each other deeply) and also in outreach."The Harvest is plentiful but the workers are few" so if we work together we can reach more people. I've loved the joint outreaches we've done in the past. I have 2 proposals for outreach events we can do together this quarter. 

1. Christafari Concert- Christafari is a Christian reggae band and they performed twice at GCC Church in the past.I've attached a picture of them. I contacted Mark Mohr the leader of the group and he said that he would love to come and he is available for this winter. All that he needs is $2000 which would cover the costs of his expenses like gas, food, and paying the band. I really feel like his testimony and the style and message of their music will touch the hearts of many students here. Here's a sample of their music: "Yeshua" http://youtu.be/KOiGBpjnyyw

2. Nefarious - Is an award winning documentary on sex trafficking. It's really well done and super-powerful since it contains the gospel and stories of former prostitutes and pimps whose lives were radically changed by the Love of Jesus. This film could really rock the campus since it contains a message of hope and grace: healing of sexual brokenness and identity restoration. Here's the trailer: http://nefariousdocumentary.com/. Nefarious would be a good one to show during Human Rights week.

So what am I asking of us? I think it would be great if we do those events together. Maybe we could get one representative from each fellowship and form an outreach team and meet up to discuss the logistics like: location and date. We can request funding from various sources on campus - I have some experience with that. So I highlighted the Christafari Concert because it would be best to start planning soon, like this week so that I can get back to them. The planning shouldn't be too much work, most of the effort will go towards publicity. Ok thank you for taking the time to read through this. Please get back to me with your thoughts. 

We are a Joshua Generation. It's time to take the land! Love conquers all! Glory to God! Blessings!*:-h wave
your random sister in Christ,

Charlene Macharia *:) happy


"that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." - Jesus (John 17: 21-23)

(End of email ) ____________________________________________________________________________________________

IT'S TIME

♫...To be Peaceful. Moshanyana weso bo' itumele [My brother, be happy] And to be Hopeful. Ngwana weso bo' ithabise [My sister, celebrate] It's sweet and graceful... And there is no need for crying. NO need for fighting... Ithabise [Celebrate]...Tsatsi lahao [Your day] Lefihlile [Has come]... It's Time ♫ :-)



APPLICATION

1. UCSB INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE WEEK- There are various ways you can participate. Check out the event page: https://www.facebook.com/ucsbsinternationaljusticeweek

  • Outreach: There's tabling from 10-2pm at the Arbor and the SRB so if you are free anytime then stop by! "The heart of this week is to engage the campus with the gospel and God's heart for justice. You don't have to know a ton about International Justice Mission to table; there will be plenty of information at the table to educate yourself on current global issues regarding slavery. You can either hang at the table or grab a partner and share on campus during these times!" -Nadya :) 
  • Film Screening of "At the End of Slavery"- A documentary on sex trafficking and someone from IJM will speak. Thursday May 16th, 7.30pm. Come with friends :)
  • Run for Justice 5K- Saturday May 18th. Registration/check in: 7am. Run starts at 8.15am. Get friends to run/walk with you. All proceeds go to IJM

2. WITH ONE VOICE PRAYER AND WORSHIP NIGHT - I'll have more to say about this later but plan on attending. It's gonna be AWESOME! I'm SO EXCITED!! Want a sneak peak? Read Acts 1 & 2 :D https://www.facebook.com/events/154232828083168/?fref=ts

* If you want to talk about the problems and injustices in this world of ours or get to hear different perspectives on issues, that's really cool. I'd suggest attending the events being put on by different groups like BSU, Human Rights Board... and this week is Middle Eastern Awareness week so check out their events if you want. It's an awesome chance to educate yourself amongst your peers and to debunk myths and stereotypes. But also as The Church it's Time to STEP UP and focus on The Solution... to be continued :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment