Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Look Up! :)

"When you have no vision from God, no enthusiasm left in your life, and no one watching and encouraging you, it requires the grace of Almighty God to take the next step in your devotion to Him, in the reading and studying of His Word, in your family life, or in your duty to Him... We lose interest and give up when we have no vision, no encouragement, and no improvement, but only experience our everyday life with its trivial tasks. The thing that really testifies for God and for the people of God in the long run is steady perserverance, even when the work cannot be seen by others. And the only way to live an undefeated life is to live looking to God. Ask God to keep the eyes of your spirit open to the risen Christ, and it will be impossible for drudgery to discourage you."- Oswald Chambers ("My Utmost for His Highest")

"If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God you'll be at rest."-Corrie Ten Boom.

I came back this quarter with no drive... God has been working a lot in my life this past year bringing healing and restoration. My part was to walk in the freedom He was giving me... to walk in Love. This year was meant to be all about application. But I let my insecurities set me back again. But God in His faithfulness kept giving me "second-chances" (more like 1000+ lol) and re-assuring me of His unfailing Love for me... So yeah He enabled me to come back to school this quarter, He gave me another chance. I was grateful but I was lacking the drive that I had last quarter. But yeah last week He was reminding me that He is my strength, I don't need to strive. I just need to rest in Him.

He was reminding me to look to Him through worship and thanksgiving and reading His word"For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light do we see light." (Psalm 36: 9) To be spiritually mature is not to be independent but to be fully dependent on God - knowing that we are weak but He is strong and He is our Loving Father who cares for us soo much and has our best interest in mind. It's also recognizing our need for community - to share His love and to carry each other's burdens. Yeah I'm still working on vulnerability. But I know that I just need to fix my eyes on God and He will fill me with His love and strength. So thank You Lord for being so faithful to me! Open my eyes so that I can bask in the goodness of Your unfailing love for me :)

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance."  2 Thessalonians 3:5



"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." (Colossians 3:17)


"Then let us fill all of our pauses with praise! Let us give all that lies within us not to the voices of the enemy, but to pure praise, to pure loving adoraction, and to worship from a grateful heart- a heart that is trained to look up." -Amy Carmichael.

I felt God giving me encouragement as I was making this video. He was encouraging me to keep my eyes on Him for it is in Him that I will find His peace and Love, everything I need... The hope and courage to keep moving forward. Greater things are yet to come! And in the meantime (and always) I can find rest in His unfailing love for me :-)



Love these songs! So encouraging!! :


No comments:

Post a Comment