Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

procrastiNation


Hickory Dickory dock,
The mouse ran up the clock,
The clock struck seven,
8, 9, 10, 11,
Hickory Dickory dock.

Hickory Dickory dock,
The mouse ran up the clock,
As twelve bells rang,
The mousie sprang,
Hickory Dickory dock.


Distracted Much?

Yes, unfortunately. If you saw my facebook status, I made an observation that my ability to focus on important things has gone way down ever since I got to college (which is ironic). What happened? Well, distractions happened that's what. When I was younger I was more self-disciplined than I am now. If you've read my other posts or my "About me" I've mentioned how I'm not fully myself anymore and that I'm on a journey to remember who I am because I had conformed so much to the patterns of this world - which has been expedited by my stay in America. Anyway, I'll spare you my life history and get closer to the point lol.


So one day last quarter, I was planning to study so I had my books out and everything and I was going through my class notes. It was going well and I was being productive until I went on facebook just for a few minutes which turned into an hour! I was shocked to realize how much time flew by then I went back to my notes then I did it again! and wasted even more time. So I shut my computer and opened my text book. Just then one of my sticky notes that was on my desktop fell on top of my book (I have some sticky notes with Bible verses for me to see which is funny because I forgot that they were there lol). So one of them that I made last summer fell in front of my eyes. This one: "The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray."(1 Peter 4:7) Right then I learnt something about spiritual warfare. The enemy, the devil, uses the same kinda tricks...he's plan is to keep us distracted by anything to keep us from clearly seeing the Truth because the Truth brings freedom and the devil is all about slavery. "For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-control." (1 Timothy 1:7)

As twelve bells rang,The mousie sprang

So right now I see distractions everywhere and most people are distracted, most people are asleep. The world is asleep and most of the Western church is asleep. It's all about priorities. I have been falling asleep myself because of various distractions (mostly fear, discouragement and disunity). But it's time for us to WAKE UP!!! There's a lot of stuff that I've been procrastinating on sharing. God has shown me stuff through His Word that's going to happen this year and He's given me lots of confirmation (exciting stuff! Glory to God!). We need to wake up to the stuff I outlined in the Boot Camp post and the Behold post. In the Bible numbers are significant and lots of changes are happening and are going to happen in 2012.  

And no I'm not one of those crazy people saying that the world is going to end this year. I'm saying lot's of changes are going to happen this year. So stay tuned to what I'm going to share. I'm sharing because I'm meant to and because I really care about all of you and I want you to know now so that we can prepare our hearts. 

"There's a time for everything under the sun...a time to mourn and a time to dance..." (Ecclesiastes 3)
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."~ Jesus :) (John 16:33)

 


*And don't freak out God is for us so let's take shelter under His wings (Shelter post) :-)
Yeah I know finals are coming and what-not but remember it's all about priorities. Yes study and do life

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, 
and all these things will be added to you." (Matthew 6:33)

Let's seek God in all that we do because at the end of the day, it's all about Him.
"Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth. ” (Hosea 6:3)

*God Loves us all day everyday and His grace is enough for us! Let's behold His love and receive it :) "Chains be broken. Lives be healed. Eyes be opened. Christ be revealed!" God please give us eyes to see and ears to hear. In Jesus name, Amen :D
K, bye for now. Questions/comments (and friendship lol) are always welcome.

love, Charlene :)
(You can read about how God woke me up this year in my: Hello Africans... post)



No comments:

Post a Comment