Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

FALSE Apostles

"Be careful," Jesus said to them. "Be on your guard against
the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees." (Matthew 16:6)
I hope you will put up with me in a little foolishness. Yes, please put up with me!  I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

I do not think I am in the least inferior to those “super-apostles.” I may indeed be untrained as a speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way. Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge? I robbed other churches by receiving support from them so as to serve you. And when I was with you and needed something, I was not a burden to anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied what I needed. I have kept myself from being a burden to you in any way, and will continue to do so. As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine. Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do!

And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. (2 Corinthians 11: 1-15)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow Jesus (at all costs) NOT man ....

Dear InterVarsity Friends, Please beware of the yeast of the pharisees!- I'm talking about our Staff! :o yeah I know... it was a shocking discovery for me too...

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in." (Matthew 23:13)

The Real Jesus didn't come to burden people with rules but to give people life full of life through His Spirit of power, love and self-control."For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." (Romans 14:17) "He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." (2 Corinthians 3:6)

So please be on your guard against these "false apostles" who may not even know that they are misleading people by following a bunch of rules and traditions- while disregarding the Holy Spirit because it's 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty. (Zechariah 4:6)

"The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men." (Isaiah 29:13)


Part of an email I sent to Staff on 4/21/12: "The thing is, it's not me that you don't trust. I have been taking this rejection personally but God told me you don't trust the Holy Spirit. You guys are "control freaks" like Sarah said to me last quarter and like Melissa admitted in her talk, and that's not a good thing at all because you can't rest if you want to be in control, you have to lose control to follow Jesus. Jesus wants to give us rest so bad , we just have to lose control first. I know due to your cultural experiences you haven't had much experience with the Holy Spirit being poured out (like at Prefall) and that's okay don't feel pressured to know everything, we all don't, but we are a body and we all have a piece to the puzzle so as we share our pieces it all comes together and we all benefit since we get a fuller picture of God. This is all about God and Him getting His glory.



Please. This year God has really broken my heart for the fellowship ("break my heart for what breaks yours") and He opened up my eyes to see what He sees, I see everyone (including you guys) suffering in different ways and we have grown weary and even complacent with this suffering but He is not okay with it and He wants to change this. The King of Glory wants to change this, we just have to lift up our heads and let Him in. He promised us revival. When you hear revival the first thing that should come to mind is Holy Spirit. Revival starts with His people first. So let's stop avoiding the Holy Spirit because that means we are avoiding revival."

"Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil."(1 Thessalonians 5: 19-22)

These people may be people we love and respect but we have to avoid them because it's hypocritical if we call ourselves followers of Jesus yet we follow people who are not heeding to Jesus' ministry (the new covenant which is all about the Holy Spirit).

"Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work." (2 John 1: 8-11)

"No compromise with slavery!  No union with slave-holders!" -William L. Garisson.

Yeah I know from personal experience that that is hard to do but it's tough love. All you can do is follow Jesus (avoid such people like the Word says. No compromise.) and pray for them that they may see the Truth so that they can stop enslaving people, that is, keeping them from the whole Truth. (A lot of cultural strongholds may be preventing them from seeing the Truth so we need to pray for their deliverance and revival). Still don't get what the fuss is all about? I'll explain further later.


"Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it." (1 Thessalonians 5: 23-24) =)

No comments:

Post a Comment