Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October =)


Hey =) Happy October! =D When I was home the past one and a half weeks dad told me in a really gentle way that I need to ask God to help me out with my procrastination haha. And yeah he's right I've been all over the place this past year. He suggested that I use a planner (he said "diary" coz that's what we call them in Kenya) and write down all the things I need to do. And I used to do that, so I decided to do so... There's this 2 year planner that Diana gave me a while back so I picked it up and opened to October. And October is pretty special because IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! :D lol I actually share a birthday with my lil sis Olivia, yay! Birthday twins! hehe :D But I also wanna share some more reasons why October is special.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IT'S TIME TO REMEMBER THE PROMISES OF GOD :D


"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God." (2 Corinthians 1:20)

On the Calendar it gave a specific flower and birthstone. So the birth flower for October is Calendula and the birthstone is Opal. And you know how I am, I decided to look up the spiritual significance of Opal and it said that the color of opal is iridescent (diffracts many colors) and that symbolizes the promises of God.

This was quite on point coz I went to the prayer shed last night for prayer and prophecy night and they told me not to forget God's promises over my life and to keep my eyes on the prize... to keep my eyes on Jesus. To be consistent and steady in my walk with Him coz that's how the promises will be fulfilled... in His Time. And this was confirmation for what God's been telling me over the past few weeks, things I already know, and also what God's been telling me through others. And all weekend this song below, "Standing on the Promises" has been playing in my head (especially in the car this past Friday with Brittany and Alexis on our way to The Call at UC Berkeley).

I also read this from this one site... but when I kept on reading I found out that it was new-age-y so all I took from it was this: "Opal is a stone of inspiration which enhances imagination and creativity. It can bring inspiration to projects and to life and Spirit. Its own spirit is at times like that of a child spontaneously playing, dashing color where ever it  pleases. ..Opal has a larger proportion of water in it than most stones and is considered a water stone. This can help ease the effort of handling change in life. Like water rolls over and past rocks and roots in its way, the energy of opal can help continue on your path regardless of obstacles... Opal is known as a stone of love." http://meanings.crystalsandjewelry.com/opal/

______________________________________________________________________

OCTOBER 16TH: RELATIONSHIPS, UNITY, PUSHING FORWARD FOR VICTORY


Okay so this is really cool I just looked up calendula, the birth flower of October and saw this: Calendula means "little calendar" or "little clock" in latin and the common name, "marigold" refers to virgin Mary (Wikipedia). Sometimes called "summer bride" or "husbandmans dial" because its flower head follows the sun (Birthstone site).

That's cool confirmation for keeping the"eyes on the prize" word. Plus on our way back from Berkeley on Sunday we were singing in the car and Brittany suggested we just sing spontaneously (from our hearts, whatever the Spirit led us to sing), she begun then Alexis but I was just silent in the back seat thinking about stuff. Then Alexis was like "Charlene it's your turn, I think you have a song" but I was like "No" then a bit later Brittany was like, yeah I think you should sing a song about "Time." Which is funny coz it was related to what I was thinking/praying in my head so I decided to just sing... And I sung the prayer in my heart, "Awaken our hearts to your coming Son... [well I can't remember all the words but it was something like:] ... Awaken your bride... that we may be one... rooted in love... leaving the past behind... fill us with Your spirit... Your power... You are all we need... Give us Your heart for the harvest."

IT'S OUR TIME : CHURCH AWAKEN, UNITE AND FIGHT FOR LOVE


Something else really cool is about my birth day, October 16th, I was pretty shocked to see this post on Elijah List... it was encouraging...so honored to be born on such a significant day :-)

But before that, I saw this picture on campus the other day below the poster for "Images of Africa" and the same day the words, "The final push for victory" and "Together we go further" stood out to me from an email and in the bus respectively lol... bear with me coz it's related with this next portion. Read the whole thing at October 16th Prophecy I'll highlight some stuff and I quote:

"In this dream, the date was October 16th. I observed Kathryn Kuhlman standing on stage... she began to prophesy:"All those born on October 16th have a special anointing. And there's a special anointing being released to the Body and it's very powerful!" The scene quickly changed and I was standing outside where I observed ancient, black wrought iron gates. They were rather scary looking because of their size and age. These ancient gates were perhaps twelve feet high and thirty feet in length. They were attached to a black stonewall on either side like a fortress. The gates had been closed and locked for many, many years. As I looked closer, I could see thousands of people standing behind the closed gates. In fact I could see no end to this massive gathering of people. There were people from every tongue, tribe and nation. However in unity, as one Body, they all worked together to push open the gates. Then breaking through the darkness into the light, they all ran quickly to receive this anointing Kathryn Kuhlman prophesied and released. -End of dream. I believe this is an important date and new beginning for the Body of Christ. October 16, 2014 is a Jewish holy day called Shemini Atzeret. The Hebrew word "shemini" means eighth, and prophetically the eighth day of the Feast of Tabernacles indicates a new beginning for the coming harvest. According to Jewish tradition, Shemini is the ending of the holiday of Sukkot and the beginning of "Time of our Happiness or Joy." It's the end of one season and the beginning of another.

Recently in two separate visions, I saw the Church awakening. Where she was presumed dead, new life was breathed into her. When she awakened, immediately she humbled herself and embraced Wisdom. The evidence of striving, bitterness, unforgiveness and jealousy quickly left her body. Instead of being old and crippled she was strong, healthy and joyful. She was spiritually mature and led by the Holy Spirit of Truth. She embraced everyone with love and kindness, yet spoke with authority and everyone called her Blessed. (Photo by Linda Harris-Iorio Consuming Glory via elijahshopper.com)

I believe October 16th is a significant date this year as the harvest begins in full swing. Christ in us (the Body of Believers) the Hope of Glory, will be evident in the Church. The whole earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord (Habakkuk 2:14) as the captives are set free from bondage and the Church embraces Wisdom." -End of quote. hOW cOOl is THAT???!!! :D :D :D And there's more!

Sorry I'm just throwing different stuff at you... but last week I had watched "October Baby" on Netflix and it was all about forgiveness, letting go, healing, redemption, love, family and moving forward. Great movie! =)
 
________________________________________________________________________

OCTOBER: "Come Together- Remember, Reconnect, and Unite"


Okay, so I'm at school (My first day at Antioch Uni getting my Masters) so I stopped writing to go to class and on my way to class I check my email and this is what I see: "Come Together: Remember, Reconnect, and Unite" as the subject of an email from UCSB: "On May 23rd, the Isla Vista community was stunned by a tragedy that we will never forget. On the following day however, we came together in a way that our neighborhood had never before seen. The feeling created from the candlelight vigil is a feeling that we wish to embody once again. It is a new year for Gauchos and the Isla Vista Community, and as such let us look towards the future with positivity, renewal, and resiliency. The students at AS Program Board as well as other Associated Students entities would like to invite you to, "Come Together: Remember, Reconnect, and Unite." This memorial event is made by the students and for the students, and will feature student speakers, a message from Vice Chancellor Michael Young, as well as live music and special entertainment. Please spread the word and join us once again, not only in remembering the loved ones we lost, but also in solidarity to forge a better future for Isla Vista."

So what are some of the promises I'm talking about? Well here's one of them that concerns Santa Barbara and the world... way back in 2011 when I was in InterVarsity at that Leader's Retreat when we had some unusual occurrences and my life was radically rocked and freed by the power of God's love (post: Hello Africans... ) God gave many of the students there visions that confirmed the dreams that He gave the staff over the summer that a huge revival is coming to Santa Barbara (and the prophetic word that Kathyrn Kuhlman gave in the 70's that one day a huge revival would happen in SB and spread around the world (post: Let There Be Light) In the visions there would first be a lot of conflicts and division in our midst  and even violence in our land but after that there would be unity in the body of Christ, unity in prayer and walking in love and that's when the breakthrough would happen. So it's really cool to keep track with God's promises coz NOW IS THE TIME! :D In a vision that Alex Jensen had, we were holding hands on a hill with the cross in the middle then our friends who were not yet believers were behind us climbing to the top of that hill. Right now in IV and at UCSB so many coalitions and new programs have formed after the tragedy that happened last school year... so many people are having conversations about how to better our community, living in peace and loving each other, becoming united... and all that is really great and exciting. And it's also a wake-up call for the church coz we know it is only through Jesus that we can have true and lasting transformation so we need to rise up and model that... we need to put Jesus back in the center of our lives and communities... we need to pray and wait for His Spirit to do only what He can do. We need to ARISE and SHINE! The whole world is waiting for us! Even the prison system won't be left unshaken when we awaken... post: Prison Break.

Check out the video below as well as this encouraging confirmation: "Many of you are in your third trimester. Don't abort the baby because your due date is drawing near. Get ready to push... Doors are about to open for what I have called you to do...  In the same way that Mary was impregnated supernaturally, you will also conceive supernaturally. You are also carrying something so valuable that will change the world if you submit to it...Just as Mary's cousin Elizabeth was also pregnant and the baby leaped in her womb, I will also bring others to you who are also carrying divine destiny. I will place people in your life who are also pregnant with the same vision. They are those who are in alignment with the same dream. Together you will work in unison and there will not be any disunity....You will know that you are in the third trimester as the discomfort intensifies. Don't try to induce labor before its time, but welcome My plan as it comes into existence.  This is not the time to give up but get ready to push because you will soon see the fulfillment of the promises that I have for you," says the Lord. Read the rest at:Birthing the Promises of God: "Get Ready to Push" 

DO YOU NOT PERCEIVE? IT'S TIME!:D LET'S WAKE UP CHURCH! =)
 

_________________________________________________________________________

October 8th Blood Moon ("Little Clock, what's the time?")

Blood moon is happening tomorrow! I saw this article on yahoo news  that says that this blood moon will be even more rare than the others, it's a selenelion: "Skygazers could witness the sun rising simultaneously with the total eclipse of the moon, a visual phenomenon known as selenelion. The rare cosmic sight, which could only happen just before dawn or right after sunrise, is marked by both the solar and lunar bodies appearing just above the horizon at almost the opposite sides of the sky.Read more: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/17243/20141006/blood-moon-on-october-8-rare-selenelion-promises-to-be-a-treat-for-skygazers.htm#ixzz3FX1fQIXH

The moon takes on a deep-red color during a lunar eclipse because of the Earth's atmosphere. If you were on the moon during a lunar eclipse, Earth would have a red ring around it as it passed between you and the sun. This red glow projects onto the moon, giving it its red hue during a total eclipse, as shown below. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-see-wednesday-mornings-rare-112100679.html

I was excited to read that as it reminded me of this Saturday at The Call which was on the 50th anniversary of the Free Speech movement as well as Yom Kippur (The Day of atonement) when the high priest would offer up a sacrifice to cover the sins of the people of Israel... but now the ultimate sacrifice was that of Jesus on the cross on behalf of all the sins of the whole world, once and for all. So when I read that the earth would have a red ring around me made me think of the blood of Jesus encircling the whole earth signifying redemption through the blood of Jesus... and also the earth being baptized by the fire of the Holy Spirit . REVIVAL TIME! :D

I can hear the rhythm of the Lion of the tribe of Judah... He's doing a New thing! That's why we're singing a New Song! He's Alive!

"His eyes will be darker than wine... // These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire." (Genesis 49:12a and Revelation 1:1)

"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." (John the Baptist talking about Jesus) ~ Matthew 3:11

So what the little clock says is WE ARE LIVING IN THE END-TIMES! And yes there's stuff popping up all over the place like ebola and ISIS :((, signs in the heavens, wars and rumors of wars </3... and yes Jesus gives us the signs of the end times to watch for in Matthew 24. So yeah, the darkness will increase but we shouldn't be afraid coz that's the BEST TIME FOR THE LIGHT TO SHINE BRIGHTER THAN BEFORE. God is with us and wants to empower us not just to endure but to THRIVE in these days! Go JESUS! Have Your way in us :D

The Day of the Lord (Joel 2)

28 “And afterward,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your old men will dream dreams,
    your young men will see visions.
29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days.
30 I will show wonders in the heavens
    and on the earth,
    blood and fire and billows of smoke.
31 The sun will be turned to darkness
    and the moon to blood
    before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
32 And everyone who calls
    on the name of the Lord will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
    there will be deliverance,
    as the Lord has said,
even among the survivors
    whom the Lord calls."



________________________________________________________________________

Sorry this post is all over the place... getting back into blogging has been tough.
K peace and love! =)
________________________________________________________________________
 
Update: So much has happened!  GOOD IS SO GOOD!! Will share soon~!~
_________________________________________________________________________


WOW! :D (photo posted by Aaron Jones)
Okay here's some of the update: I couldn't make the "Come Together" event at UCSB but it was amazing to see the pictures and video clips people posted of it. And here's what was on the "Bottom Line" paper: "For the Isla Vista community, attending this event brought us together and helped us heal... There was a feeling of hope and resilience in the crowd despite the excitement over Jack Johnson, and that is what is most important. People remembered, and people celebrated, but most importantly, people cared enough to show up."

 ____________________________________________________________________________


Check it out! There's a City-wide Prayer and Outreach week this week Oct 25- Nov 1. Cool~!~

#LoveSB =)


 
 
 
GOD'S PROMISES ARE UNFOLDING! =D
Jesus, please help us fix our eyes on You and follow You Forward! To walk by Faith and not by sight. To walk in unity and love and not in strife. To let the light of Your love captivate us and guide us to our destiny - to be who You created each and every one of us to be. That each of us may bloom and flourish as we find rest in Your Love and as we RISE UP and TAKE OUR PLACE. FOR YOURS! IS THE KINGDOM, THE POWER AND THE GLORY FOREVER AND EVER AMEN!


P.S: This has been a very generalized post --- just gave the overview message (in all it's scatteredness) and it's specifically for the church -- but I am yet to address how this specifically relates to the church in Santa Barbara so stay tuned... to the Holy Spirit! (I can do nothing for you or myself so let's look to Him! Just sharing what I'm learning along the way :-) But yeah, let us PRAY. Now's the time. Related post: Time to SEEK, A Call to Prayer, A Call to Unity in the Body of Christ, Be One )

"A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.." (Isaiah 40:3-5)
 
♫ Every high thing must come down! Every stronghold must be broken!
You wear the Victor's crown! You overcome! You overcome! ♫  :D

 
Ok last songs! We ARE ALIVE! Let's COME ALIVE! =D
 
 
So much POWER=> Heavy Love!...
So Let's L O V E each other NOW... Sisters and brothers N O W =)
 
 
And lastly, =)

No comments:

Post a Comment