Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cinderella :)


Cinderella: I've always wished for someone to come take me away from here.
Fairy godmother: Cinderella if you want to get out of here you're gonna have to do it yourself. The music's in you. Deep down in your soul. When you find it. Nothing will be able to keep you from walking out that door.
Cinderella: You don't know my stepmother.
Fairy godmother: You wanna know what her problem is? She can't handle how fabulous you are!

Over the summer I was watching Cinderella 1997, the one Brandy acted in (it's all on youtube) and the above quote stuck out to me and spoke to my situation, my family's and the black community. Also at the beginning Cinderella sung the song, "Impossible" but later she sung a new song, "It's possible!" Then she watched all her dreams come true -> first her dream of going to the ball happened with the inspiration of her fairy godmother then later after some obstacles, her dream of marrying the prince came true.

"But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26) =)

No comments:

Post a Comment