Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

mourning till The Morning ☼

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Mourning :'| :O ♥ ♫ \o/ till The Morning ☼ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Compassion*-> Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with strong desire to relieve it. To suffer with.

I read that definition a few weeks ago and I realized what was wrong with me. I see. I feel. I experience. And I want all of US to act together to make a change. But then I look around me and many people don't seem to care. This makes me angry, mostly depressed. "What's wrong with people?" =( but then that question boomerang to me. I realized that people may not have the same perspective that I do. Vision is Power and with power comes responsibility. So it was up to me to act on my vision. Yes to lead. That brings me to another thing that's wrong with me...

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”- Mordecai to Esther. (Esther 4:14)

At the Trayvon Martin teach in I went to the "Anti-Blackness" group discussion. I was silent the whole time but with tear-filled eyes behind my sunglasses. At the end Shariq told me he noticed my silence and asked how I was feeling. I told him I didn't say anything coz if I tried to I would just cry the whole time; either that or I would say stuff that wasn't on my heart, and wouldn't make any sense anyway.

+++++++++Good Mourning+++++++++++
I was feeling sad and sorrow is usually seen as a negative emotion. So I thought it would be better to mask it. But the more I avoided it the more it resurfaced. Then God reminded me that it was not wrong to feel sad. Those were not just my own emotions they were His. But there's something He corrected... so some people lack vision of stuff going on, others see but choose to look away coz it arouses too many strong emotions. And who wants to deal with that? People choose not to mourn because mourning seems like an implosion... really depressing. Which was what my silence was, killing me softly... paralyzing,... immobilizing me from helping myself and others. Useless. But God reminded me what mourning is, "it is an Expression..." Mourning is not meant to be an implosion but an EXPLOSION. A RELEASE. So God encouraged me to mourn: To weep, to sing, to pray (release my thoughts to Him), to dance, to write, to create, to fast, to do, to prophesy (speak life. Create light out of the darkness). To lift up my eyes because there is HOPE. To reach out coz I am not alone. God is for me and I have family all around me. And Together NOTHING is impossible! =D

At the silent march yesterday I was wearing my Kenyan sandles and I jammed my big toe into someone's shoe and it started bleeding when we were on Dp (lol should have worn closed toe shoes) so I stopped by the Jesus burgers house for some first aid. As I walking alone to catch up with the rest I started singing and all the thoughts that were crowding my mind were silenced. I was filled with Hope. CHANGE is coming. We are NOT helpless. The Revolution is gaining momentum. If God is for us who can be against us?? HAHA :D

"To You, Lord, I called; to the Lord I cried for mercy: “What is gained if I am silenced, if I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it proclaim Your faithfulness? Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me; Lord, be my help.” You turned my wailing into dancing; You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing Your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise You forever." ♥ Psalm 30: 8-12 ♥

"I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done." ♥ Psalm 118: 17 ♥

Thanks for tuning in to another episode of: Reviving Charlene. The Journey to become a Love Revolutionary lol. ‪#‎RealityFaceBook‬ ‪#‎StilliRISE‬!‪#‎GlorytoGod‬‪#‎NewDay‬ ‪#‎HOPE‬‪#‎MovingForward‬ ☼ =)

No comments:

Post a Comment